The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Views on: Mercedes CL55 AMG

Jamesy

My mate just had to get rid of his! It had done 50k miles, he paid big money for it too.

Lets just say he had it about a month and he lost over 7k on it! The diff destroyed itself and then took the autobox with it.. He said he'd never buy another Merc again!

On the other hand, it sounded amazing!

i test drove the 55 amg and liked it, but after trying the cl600 i loved it, at 500bhp and nearly 600lbs torque as standard it may be an old mans car but no young mans cars could keep up:D

the main thing to look out for on these cars is the ABC suspension as it is not a cheap fix

and if you do go for a big merc get a warranty for it

if i had time in my life at the moment i would have a single turbo supe and a cl600 on my drive:D

but i don,t so my golf diesel and hi lux will have to suffice:(

I guess the only way to know for sure is to go down and drive it. Although I reckon id miss the supra styling' and power !!

I almost traded my E36 BMW M3 for a CL500 when I lived in Louisiana, I loved the interior of the CL was super smooth to drive too. If I were to get one it would have to be a black 55AMG with CL63 AMG wheels..!

Though the conclusion mate is that I have to hearts one for German cars and the other for raw jap outrages styling and power. The only way I would be happy is to have both..!

Lately I've been thinking between (Supra & e90 BMW M3, or Supra & Range Rover, Supra & e46 BMW M3 Convertible with low miles, Supra & Porsche Cayenne S, Supra & BMW X5, Supra & BMW X6 'though a bit too dear just now) I would like my second car to be in white too.

...2k for the suspension. :faint:
AMG parts prices can make even M-B prices look reasonable, and there's less change of finding the parts at German, Swedish, and French. :)

I did some research on the C32 last year, and I remember, from one of the American forums, that they were having problems with charge cooler water pump failure -- price from M-B 600 dollars, price for the same part (as in the same Bosch part with slightly different inlet/outlet pipes) for a Ford Lightning - less than 100 dollars.