The mkiv Supra Owners Club

House burgled!

penguin

update: looks like my contents insurance was not renewed in september! :( lesson learned.

would appreciate if anyone could give me advice on alarms, i'm keen on getting the yale family wireless one, but am reading mixed reviews.... there is the £300 iphone/cctv package but i don't want to go all big brother

I feel for you, we got burgled 2 years ago. We went with ADT in the end and although they are expensive we'e not had any issues what so ever. We have a cat so needed a system which works on heat detection rather than movement.

I feel for you, we got burgled 2 years ago. We went with ADT in the end and although they are expensive we'e not had any issues what so ever. We have a cat so needed a system which works on heat detection rather than movement.

How does that work? Surely a cold person would give off not much more heat than a warm cat.

I'd be tempted to try it out if it were my house, see how sensitive it is.

some possible way to move forward - have been reading on the net that sony are able to track the IP address of the stolen PS3 if the police issue a request, come across a few forum stories where people have actually managed to get the hardware back after waiting for a few months...

anyone have experience of this? i'm going to contact sony/police dude in a moment anyway.... just want to know if i should live in hope of ever getting my level29 profile with 17million credits and all the best cars back on gt5 :)

bummer on the contents insurance matey :(

Beef up your security as sometimes they will return to finish you off and get things they didnt before..... (it does happen) as they also know how to get in.

I was going to wire my garage to the mains but was advised against it :D

deffo doing that - have already installed a few security flood lights around the house, installed a burgler alarm with monitoring too... and am looking for security latches i can attach to existing windows so they can be bolted shut when not in use without too much difficulty (any help in this area is much appreciated :) )

It's okay going Big Brother as long as you're the brother. Sounds cool. Can I watch the house from work then for £300? Will look into it.

Yep, apparently if the system detects movement it bangs a live stream straight to your iphone and records too.... very good investment for £300- i'm going to figure out if i can make my own lol