The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clocks forward or not?

CJ

i hate bloody dark winter days. it makes the whole country misserable. And im sure gives more people than realise that "SAD"

while we are at it we should do away with the sunday trading laws. its fecking annoying nothing is open on sunday unless you get up at the crack of dawn on your day off. let people open when the hell they want instead of forcing them to close when people want to shop. anyway.. back on topic. Yes im in favour :) putting the clocks back in winter was done i believe so people had more time to work in the fields when we were still useing steam engines and hand labour.

i can see that tbh jamie. but would you just not shift the hours? you would work an hour later instead?

for office workers etc it makes little difference in terms of what work they can get done.

but i think for the general mental health of the nation and the activities you can do after you get off work it would be a good move. i dont know a single person who likes it getting dark at 3-4pm. you get home. its dark. probably raining and its misserable you just want to sit at home infront of the tv all evening.

In the summer when its light i definately spend more time after work going to the cinema. or going out for a nice meal. Or even working on the car.

i can see that tbh jamie. but would you just not shift the hours? you would work an hour later instead?

for office workers etc it makes little difference.

but i think for the general mental health of the nation it would be a good move. i dont know a single person who likes it getting dark at 3-4pm

I could work an hour later and if it changed thats what i would have to do, it works well for me as it is though, wifey would not be happy with me getting home an hour later and its an hour i would lose with the kids before they go to sleep.

yeah i guess its horses for cources.

i work shifts regardless of time of year. sometimes starting at 8, sometimes 9. working till 4:30 or 5:30 respectively.

and i do prefer getting home at 4:45 rather than 5:45. for various reasons. including more time to do your own thing in the evening. and spend with the wife.

But a lot of people dont have that choice and get off work at 5:30 anyway every day. I think your prety lucky you get that time with your kids when you think plenty of others dont.

for a large ammount of the population when they get home at 6 after work for example. its dark. cant realy take your kids down the park in the dark if the weather allows.

But a lot of people dont have that choice and get off work at 5:30 anyway every day. I think your prety lucky you get that time with your kids when you think plenty of others dont.

Joking aint ya, Im on site from 7:30 am till 5:00-5:30 daily, im at work 10hrs a day 6 days a week, sometimes 7, Ive had 3 days at home since xmas, regularly im doing paperwork and quotes till silly times of the evening, i see how people must think i spend all my time on here but im good at multitasking, im sat at my desk now surrounded with stuff to do, bit of paperwork and a look round the forum in between keeps me from going mad, id love a 9-5 job that paid the money i need, my day never ends.

It's a nice idea, but not really worth debating - working in IT, I can tell you that the cost of updating every computer system in the world to cope with a change like this would be VERY expensive. As soon as someone looks at the actual cost impact this change would make, especially in the current economic climate, it's bound to be a no-go.

It's a nice idea, but not really worth debating - working in IT, I can tell you that the cost of updating every computer system in the world to cope with a change like this would be VERY expensive. As soon as someone looks at the actual cost impact this change would make, especially in the current economic climate, it's bound to be a no-go.

Really? Not an issue for PCs, I suppose banking software would be affected but I can't see it being that much? My company spans the globe, we don't have issues with the various time zone changes.