Friday rant

RobSheffield

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

£4000 for a tiny boiler and 3 days work, damn right they are! :p

Did they have a gun on you or something? Why on earth would you pay that? I can get a brand new combi boiler supplied and fitted for around £2k. That's with me not currently having a combi boiler too so there would be a lot of new piping.

Are you contracted to them? That's just scandalous.

Did they have a gun on you or something? Why on earth would you pay that? I can get a brand new combi boiler supplied and fitted for around £2k. That's with me not currently having a combi boiler too so there would be a lot of new piping.

Are you contracted to them? That's just scandalous.

Parents house. Iv not seen the quote so it could be just under.

Having been here throughout its been 3 days. new boiler and control system (old one was 35 years old, not combi or anything) all pipes up to the hot water tank changed, new hot water end controls, pipework throughout.

Me n my dad have done a lot of work too though. Lifting floor boards to provide access in the hope they would sort it quicker so we could get warm!

They did a simular thing when I was fitting my new bathroom, I had the new bath in the garden (metal sort, not acrylic) to drill the holes, I came outside after faffing around with some pipes and saw them drive off with it in their van. A quick jump in the supra and some dukes of hazzard driving later (private road - officer), I managed to get infront of them and make them stop, needless to say they returned it pretty quickish!

They did a simular thing when I was fitting my new bathroom, I had the new bath in the garden (metal sort, not acrylic) to drill the holes, I came outside after faffing around with some pipes and saw them drive off with it in their van. A quick jump in the supra and some dukes of hazzard driving later (private road - officer), I managed to get infront of them and make them stop, needless to say they returned it pretty quickish!

How many wigs did you have to split to teach them a lesson? :D

well lads my kids are being spat on by fellow kids in ther school cos of being gypsies,im sick of living in a racist country.

i think you all need to take a look at how meny gipsies are in prison for stealing and B& E .

your people make up 99% of the prison pop in all countys.

and why your ther ask the locol police how meny crack houses or hore houses thayv busted that gypsies run or own .

the anwser will be 0 mate. and thers no pedo,s in the gypsies culture so,were not that bad mate..

the dirty irish pikeys give my people a bad name and we have to live with it .

like i said my kids get spit on ,and graffite on the toilet walls in the school,sayin gypsie girls are sluts,,

thats what i have to live with evry single day of my life,,so welcome to my world.

How many wigs did you have to split to teach them a lesson? :D

Given my new "Events Organiser" status, it would probably appear rather unprofessional of me to go into detail :)

well lads my kids are being spat on by fellow kids in ther school cos of being gypsies,im sick of living in a racist country.

i think you all need to take a look at how meny gipsies are in prison for stealing and B& E .

and why your ther ask the locol police how meny crack houses or hore houses thayv busted that gypsies run or own .

the anwser will be 0 mate. and thers no pedo,s in the gypsies culture so,were not that bad mate..

like i said my kids get spit on ,and graffite on the toilet walls in the school,sayin gypsie girls are sluts,,

thats what i have to live with evry single day of my life,,so welcome to my world.

Unfortunately if you watched the "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" programmes then the comments about the girls, however false they are could be backed up. I'm not saying they are at all but the outfits they wear to go out and the young girls with their provocative dancing certainly doesn't help.

I have no problem with "your people" but I'm afraid all gypsies/travellers/pikies have a bad name in this country and I doubt it will change anytime soon.

That was my main point bud. Are you a Roman Gypsy? Current traveller or now fixed?

Unfortunately if you watched the "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" programmes then the comments about the girls, however false they are could be backed up. I'm not saying they are at all but the outfits they wear to go out and the young girls with their provocative dancing certainly doesn't help.

I have no problem with "your people" but I'm afraid all gypsies/travellers/pikies have a bad name in this country and I doubt it will change anytime soon.

Those were Irish Gypsies bud. They failed to mention that. There is a HUGE culture difference between Roman Travellers and Irish Pikeys. Everyone gets tarred by the same brush though.

Granted i interchanged the words 'pikey' and 'gypsy' in my original post. Apologise for that. I take it you are Romany then?

As for the rest of your post, i dont even know where to start really. You are worried what graffiti on the walls of a school toilet says? Really?! :p

I would imagine that IF it wasnt the engineers, then it would be pikeys/irish travellers, whatever you want to call them. Also granted some people hear the word gypsy and assume pikey.

The programme featured all 'types' of gypsies. The one I watched last night was a Romany gypsy wedding. :)

Really? Maybe that has always been the plan then. As far as I know up until then they were all Irish. Last week I read an article from a Romani Gypsy newspaper collumnist and it was a HUGE rant on the differences between the Irish and Romany Gypsies and also the huge contrast with regards to the Romany lifestyle/culture. It was all based around that very same show and how the Romani Gypsy population were all up in arms about it, and obviously receiving a lot more hostility towards them through no fault of their own.

Yep - there was a Romany girl featured a few weeks ago too - she lived at home (in a house) with her parents, had a steady job etc and didn't get married until she was 22. Once she was married she moved away to a caravan and stopped working, in keeping with their traditions. It was quite sad really.

The way i see it with Pikeys - never had money, no ethical or moral code, always has been and will be like that

Romany - moral and ethical codes, massive cultural side to it, years of history, but modern chavs in their element have brought that society to its knees just like the UK population in general.

Watching the big fat gypsy wedding thing just made it look like they are all chavs. No class, no taste, not in keeping with the Romany history etc.

Or BFGW just sensationalised it all.

I think much of the problem is the only contact many of us have with travellers are the tinkers who drive around picking up scrap metal (sometimes without permission) or in my experience, the ones who keep setting up camp outside Elvington airfield, and leaving the worst mess you can imagine when they leave (ie toilets emptied everywhere, litter strewn around - it looks like a landfill :( )

I used to have many ex traveller customers at my old work, and they were some of the nicest people you could ask to meet. They were also very thankfull for good service, and very generous with their tips (all in cash of course :) )

It doesn't help matters that the travelling communities like to keep to themselves and are very secretive, that alone causes mistrust.

The way i see it with Pikeys - never had money, no ethical or moral code, always has been and will be like that

Romany - moral and ethical codes, massive cultural side to it, years of history, but modern chavs in their element have brought that society to its knees just like the UK population in general.

Watching the big fat gypsy wedding thing just made it look like they are all chavs. No class, no taste, not in keeping with the Romany history etc.

Many of the irish travellers around here are extremely wealthy. They all seem to drive new Audis and Fords round these parts, and some of the caravans must be worth a small fortune.

Yep - there was a Romany girl featured a few weeks ago too - she lived at home (in a house) with her parents, had a steady job etc and didn't get married until she was 22. Once she was married she moved away to a caravan and stopped working, in keeping with their traditions. It was quite sad really.

I haven't actually sat down and watched any of the episodes but my Wife has watched most/all of them as far as I know. She has told me a few stories from the show and there are some choices in the lifestyles that are beyond belief for me. Almost a different world to live in. It's a shame from our perspective but it's always each to their own.

To have the job, house, life etc and then change all that to her current way living must have been REALLY hard.

The same in every corner of the UK, there is always a minority of every culture ruining the image/morals of the masses. Noone can claim innocence on that front but I understand where Adam is coming from. Yes the Romani Gypsies will have their black marks but they won't be the same as the Irish Gypsies.

yes boys im a romnie gypsie my surname is BOSWELL its one of the oldist truest names . we have been here for hundreds of years.

im settuld down. and this stupid programe bfgw IS SO FAR FROM WHAT US ENGLISH GYPSIES ARE.

we pay tax school are kids and have very high standerds and moruls ,even if i carnt spell lol (ha ha ).

i have black freinds white freinds asain freinds, ..i take people as i find them not by colour or creed.

its just a shame people are still so racist about gypsies,, thers no wonder we blow are tops so qwick,,its very hard to live with evry day..were not all the same .thers good and bad in evryone lads. most of my mates arnt even gypsies..ther town people and i really do have some good mates.

atb lads and girls adam b.