The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Friday rant

RobSheffield

Just feel i need to get this off my chest, no doubt ill feel better once iv ranted!

Last Thursday our boiler was condemned and had the gas supply removed. Week without hot water or heating. Not great. British Gas engineers arrive Wednesday this week to remove old and replace with new. Not often i immediately dislike someone, but this guy was a cock. On removing the old boiler they 'only left it outside for 5 mins before some pikeys knicked it' the area we live in is very nice, rarely get gypsies round here.

Then we have 3 more pikeys down around the back of the house 'do we have any scrap?'

Today i find that they have been here overnight and stolen some alloys i was going to fit to my Range Rover.

And thats pretty much it. But now im wondering what the hell to do. Do i have to change all the house security? There is a 6 foot wall that they must have come over. CCTV time i think.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pikeys and gypsies are diffrent mate. all thiefs should have hands thers broke..but your comments are not very nice mate.

thats like calling evry black man a n*****r and evry muslum a p**i..

thers good and bad in evry one mate. IM A GYPSIE ROB AND I DONT STEAL NOTHING .

like i said if a black man broke in your yard would you call him a dirty n****ri dought it,

MOD EDIT: FIRST AND LAST WARNING FOR LANGUAGE LIKE THAT

pikeys and gypsies are diffrent mate. all thiefs should have hands thers broke..but your comments are not very nice mate.

like i said if a black man broke in your yard would you call him a dirty n****ri dought it,

:blink:

There is every chance these are not gypsies, pikeys or whatever you want to call them

Welcome back, good luck in lasting til the end of the day. I dont care what they are called. They came onto my property and stole from me. Gypsies are well known for this (and a penchant for 'dags')

:Popcorn::Popcorn:

This is going to be good.

Yeah i reckon you might be right. Never saw that coming, just a bit annoyed right now.

Iv had a look at the 6 foot wall though and no scuff marks on it, since its the only way they could have come in it seems odd that they got wheels and tyres over that, unless they used a cover of some kind.

There is also the chance that my wheels are currently in the back of a British Gas van.

IBTLAD!

Sorry to hear that. The only gypsies that come round by mine are ok and I had a laugh and a joke with them when they saw me changing the disks and pads on my Golf, they came back round when I was done and had the old scrap ones away from me.

Did you ask them to? :D

Sort of :p

They came round while I was doing it and said "Ya doin' a mighty fine job there, lad. We'll be back later for the scrap ones if you wanna leave 'em out."

They came back round when I was just testing the new ones and said "I hope for your sake that you know what you're doing!"

They seem all right, plus they have a Dixie horn on their van :D

I must admit, if they had a dixie horn on the van id have totally let them off for stealing.

:rolleyes:

Sorry mate, just saying.

That does suck though, I'd definitely look out for them coming round again and maybe follow them back to their field and see if you can find your alloys laying around.

Hopefully karma will get 'em for you.

Irish or Romani? Current or previous?

The reason I ask is that there is a huge difference between the Irish Gypsys (commonly called pikeys) and the Roman Gypsies (Normally assosciated as the proper travelling variant).

I am very friendly with an ex "Pikey". Nice guy with great mates, none of whom I would ever cross for very good reason. I must admit to being in all their company and not trusting them alone with my pint let alone with my address. These are guys that I know, granted through 1 particular friend. They are guys that know how to "get" things, and yes I mean every single one of them.

Sorry to hear that Rob, I have some crap out the back of mine that needs shifting if you want to send them up here for a day or so. I don't think any of it is shiney though so might not be so fanciable. :D

Sorry to hear of your drama Rob

My monies on the gas fitter, everyone knows their robbing b***tards:rolleyes::Popcorn:

£4000 for a tiny boiler and 3 days work, damn right they are! :p

Sorry mate, just saying.

I know :) Dont worry.

Sounds like the place got scoped out while the fitters were there. I'd be having words with the company that sent them to be honest (not that you'll get anything but might stop it happening to others). The CCTV is a good idea though.

Yeah, i think thats a plan.