The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fast and Furious 5 Meet Xscape Glasgow

Geo

I don't know any active clubs up here unfortunately bud, other than the max power types.

IMOC

MR2OC

SXOC

Are UK clubs off the top of my head that may be interested. I don't think there are a LOT of local members though.

I was just really throwing out an idea without thinking about it tbh lol.

yeah they sound a good place to start. Ive also just put it up in the north east and north west sections aswell to see if we get any interest. it may of been of the top of your head but a good idea dude lol

I wouldnt have a problem with inter club mate.... but maybe the clubs should have a representitive in the movie! Eg. RX7,350Z and so on....

oh hang on, would that mean we'd be stuck with VW jettas?!

that sounds a good idea actually bud, could try them. im sure there are members on here that have connections with other clubs!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy to fund the 108 seat screen if the price is right. You can then charge a minimal amount to non-members, or just make it free for all (and perhaps ask for a donation to charity).

The more members you can get along the better obviously.

ok bud, ive opened this up in the north east and west of england sections aswell to see if we can get of them to come along aswell. will let you know through pm what the outcome is though

I'm on jdmy0 which is Scottish based so could chuck a thread up on there, quite a small club but would make numbers up. It used to be honda-tech or something so mainly civics and integras etc. Keron / monsween is also a member.

Asking for donations to charity is a great idea if the price and uptake is enough that mkivsupra would cover it, good shout branners :thumbs:

EDIT - link if anyones interested - http://forum.jdmy0.net/

I'm on jdmy0 which is Scottish based so could chuck a thread up on there, quite a small club but would make numbers up. It used to be honda-tech or something so mainly civics and integras etc. Keron / monsween is also a member.

Asking for donations to charity is a great idea if the price and uptake is enough that mkivsupra would cover it, good shout branners :thumbs:

try skylineowners.com too, they might be up for it Alex

are you able to pm 1 of the mods from there first and speak to them about it

Anyone a member of Clan Japan? Thats quite a big club iirc. Few Supras in it as well.

this sounds like another forum i might need to join lol

Guest stef 1

Hi Guys

My names stef and im an area rep for skylineowners.com in strathclyde and also a member of clan japan,so if you would let me no the costs and the times for this i will get it posted in the forums for to get the numbers up,sounds like it will be a good day.

cheers stef.

Hi Guys

My names stef and im an area rep for skylineowners.com in strathclyde and also a member of clan japan,so if you would let me no the costs and the times for this i will get it posted in the forums for to get the numbers up,sounds like it will be a good day.

cheers stef.

Maximum cost is going to be ticket price :)

I like the charity idea if that goes ahead, again it would be ticket price or less (or more if chosen).

Cheers

Guest stef 1

cool will keep an eye on here and have posted it on skylineowners.com and have pmed mods on clan japan.do you want me to ask the mlr club along as well as my nephew is the area rep in glasgow for them?

looks like this is turning out to be a good event now! we will do the charity idea, what charity would you like to do it for? the 1 that pops into my head just now is for red nose day (seen alot of other places doing it for this just now aswell)

p.s

i have made a new thready that is a sticky for updating the list of confirmed people/members, either PM me or update the list here and i will transfer it to the main list!

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)

I would like to know the potential costs for this just in case we are facing a serious shock. Can you find out from the cinema how much it is to hire the screen for exclusive use?

thanks

yaeh i will do mate, the lassie im dealing with is away till the 4th so will hear back then

yaeh i will do mate, the lassie im dealing with is away till the 4th so will hear back then

Cool, I can just feel the masses moving behind this and I wouldnt want to get their hopes up of a cheap film if we find the cinema want some serious dosh to do this. They shouldnt do as I did some enquiries with Vue before, but lets see what they come back with and then push it hard to the other clubs. Shame I cant be there to see it come together.

Cool, I can just feel the masses moving behind this and I wouldnt want to get their hopes up of a cheap film if we find the cinema want some serious dosh to do this. They shouldnt do as I did some enquiries with Vue before, but lets see what they come back with and then push it hard to the other clubs. Shame I cant be there to see it come together.

even if its a wee bit out the club budget im sure the other clubs and non members wouldnt mind paying a certain ammount towards a good event!

anymore word from a few of the other clubs that we have mentioned it to? the skyline owners look to be up for it but the sxoc arent really taking it seriously tbh. we need to get some more names on the list guys, marcAB10 would team beard/404GT be up for this do you think?

should hopefully get a full price some time in the next few days about the private screening so i can report back to branners.

anymore word from a few of the other clubs that we have mentioned it to? the skyline owners look to be up for it but the sxoc arent really taking it seriously tbh. we need to get some more names on the list guys, marcAB10 would team beard/404GT be up for this do you think?

should hopefully get a full price some time in the next few days about the private screening so i can report back to branners.

Each to their own. Really glad that the Skyline owners are going though, means I won't be short of a taxi should I have a few beers :D

They aren't half doing some faffing around. Recently there have been a few instances where I have tried to sort out payment for things but sellers/retailers don't seem to have the willingness or the drive to make it happen.

This is the responce I got from a mod on JDMy0 last week;

"ill speak to the rest of admin and get back but i cant see it being a go-er for us"

Fantastic responce :rolleyes: was gonna reply when we had sorted out exactly whats happening.

Screw them then!!!

This is the responce I got from a mod on JDMy0 last week;

"ill speak to the rest of admin and get back but i cant see it being a go-er for us"

Fantastic responce :rolleyes: was gonna reply when we had sorted out exactly whats happening.

If thats the response then its not worth it bud.