The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Heat coating worth the bother?

JamieP

Zirotec want about £900 to heat coat my new whifbitz twin gate manifold, downpipe and screamer pipes with there high performance coating, they do a cheaper less effective one for about £600, now thats a lot of money, i dont mind spending the money if i think its a worth while purchase, But considering my air filter lives in the bumper and wont be sucking in hot air from the engine bay do you think its worth doing?

Cheers.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Speak to dude, he got a guy that does it at under hald of that price, would have though he would have his bits back by now too.

Yeah spoke to him the other day, its the same place Lee used for his stuff, Lee said it was crap, Zirotec is the only one i would consider.

There work looks mint no dought about it, and by there site looks like it's mighty effective, but think I'll stick to a descent branded heat wrap, if it's good enough for half the cars at Wales gb this year it's good enough for me. Oh and my pockets arnt as deep as yours Jamie,:(

Its an alternative really, wrapping works very well but gets very brittle so doesnt last. It will look alot nicer that wrap. Also this coating has proven to work better that wrap on alot of race cars.

TDI have done some testing on one of their customers race cars and this was the only thing that could manage the heat.

The design of Pauls manifold (which is very good by the way :)) makes it quite hard to wrap aswell.

Its an alternative really, wrapping works very well but gets very brittle so doesnt last. It will look alot nicer that wrap. Also this coating has proven to work better that wrap on alot of race cars.

TDI have done some testing on one of their customers race cars and this was the only thing that could manage the heat.

The design of Pauls manifold (which is very good by the way :)) makes it quite hard to wrap aswell.

Abselouty , money no object, zirotec all the way, just not for my penniless pockets, the coated manifold Paul has on the twin wastegate thread looks crazy, will be good to see some results and comparisons.

Deinitely worth it if you have the money. We have all the race-car exhausts done by zircotec, reduces running temps significantly, good for that bloody great tubby of yours :). Your right btw, zircotec are the way to go, looks fantastic and wont fail after a month.

Great info, thanks James :)