The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single turbo intake position advice???

johnd-mkiv

When Ryan was mapping my car he said the intake was to close to the engine ideally needs to be located under the wing or boxed problem is things are in the way an whats left theres not much room the other day i was looking at it an due to the fan an rad being offset, I could make a shroud for the air filter to come off the back of the fan shroud so the fan draws air directly into the air filter my only problem then is its likely to be at rad temperatures.

Can you see this being an improvement?

All youre doing there is drawing hot air from straight above the exhaust manifold, not very good. Why is the fan shroud so big? Most people put them near the the headlight, some cut a hole in the inner wing and stick it in the space the original intercooler sat. The size of your shroud and routing of the pipework is an issue for you.

I'd fit a stock fan shroud and modify the stock airbox to fit your turbo. The stock airbox is sealed from the engine bay and has 2 cool air feeds, this would be a big improvement over your current setup.

Its a 1jz in a BMW 3 series, oem wont fit.

Id put it in the bumper if possible or build a airbox behind the headlight.