The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone got these sport car ramps

Suprab1

I was looking on ebay & found these. They seem perfect for the supra but with its big nose i wonder would it go up as easy as an mx5?

Anyone one here seen or used these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sports-car-long-low-angle-lifting-Ramps-2000Kg-a-pair_W0QQitemZ120320381749QQcategoryZ108783QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m8QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DMW%26its%3DC%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D5%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6948787628723011782

I have a set, i can reverse up on them with ease, have to use some wood to get the front on them.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/exhaust010.jpg

They get your car up a nice hight for working on Jamie. Is the front near the ground when you have it like that?

We've got a set, they're great.

Straight up without using any extra pieces of wood.

Just what i wanted to hear ;). Might just order myself aset now.

I have those, my car has TS Bumper and tein coil overs, and I can drive up up the ramps, with the front wheels butted up to the ramps theses an approximate gap of 5mm between the ramps and bottom of bumper. It never scrapes

In that case mine should fly up these.

I have a set out of halfords but i have to put wood infront of them even for a seat inca van.

Just need something to get cars up (including my Supra) until i get my 2 post lift.

• 10 months later...

Seen these ones on Ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310352398792?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1654wt_1052

most ramps tend to be quite narrow, would they damage a wider tyre if it were to over hang on either side?

the ones that jamie has look very good however these ones on ebay are far steeper, I am wondering whether the supra will struggle to reverse onto these.

the plan is the reverse the car onto the ramps and then lift it on axle stands in the front.

Seen these ones on Ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310352398792?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1654wt_1052

most ramps tend to be quite narrow, would they damage a wider tyre if it were to over hang on either side?

the ones that jamie has look very good however these ones on ebay are far steeper, I am wondering whether the supra will struggle to reverse onto these.

the plan is the reverse the car onto the ramps and then lift it on axle stands in the front.

I have the same ones JP has. They're 6 feet long and plenty wide enough not to do any damage to tyres, though not ideal, obviously.

Still much wider than the cheap steep ones though at 10 inches.

Reversing up, you'll completely reduce clearance at the front to raise the car so you'll need two scissor jacks as well; one for each side behind the front wheel under the cill.

Edit:- The 1st post eBay link is still valid and has full details. They're very heavy and solidly built, not like the cheaper ones but they don't fit inside one-another so you'll need about 2 square feet for storage, upright.

Edit:- The 1st post eBay link is still valid and has full details. They're very heavy and solidly built, not like the cheaper ones but they don't fit inside one-another so you'll need about 2 square feet for storage, upright.

:yeahthat:

I also have them.

They won't damage the tyres, it's nothing compared to what conditions the tyres are designed to withstand on the road.

£160 , as i said i could make these no problem , steel is expensive atm , but if you guys want i can look into it , im sure i can make them for less than that price

I'd be interested too. I don't like getting under the car just being held by a trolley jack and axle stands, I'd much prefer ramps.

ok , ill see if jamie can give me some dimensions from his , i can work out how much angle iron ill need and the cost of it .

probably going to need at least 5 sets to make it worth doing and ill run it by the mods just to be le git

Im out in the garage tomorrow mate, will get something together.

ok , ill see if jamie can give me some dimensions from his , i can work out how much angle iron ill need and the cost of it .

probably going to need at least 5 sets to make it worth doing and ill run it by the mods just to be le git

How wide would you be thinking of making them?