The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone going to watch Top Gear after last weeks casual racism?

RedM

Very true, when I was in Mexico for a while some dudes I met out there were constantly on about us 'Brits' drinking warm beer, being obese and thinking about cups of tea all day.... do you know what didn't cross my mind... "Hmmmm casual racism, I'm offended"....but then I guess we all have different opinions on what racism is.

At last people who actually think rationally.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did that happen? Or do you mean taking the mick out of truck drivers?

That crack about lorry drivers murdering prostitutes. I think it was pretty close to the date when some girls had been killed, unless I just dreamed that up. I'm not commenting on the rights or wrongs of making the joke, but personally I can't see any difference between that and Stewart Lee making jokes about Hammond getting killed. Which, as you know, was his point. In terms of worrying or not worrying about offending people, it's at the same level, IMO.

Yeah it's scripted, yeah it's stupid inane humour at best, but what else is there?

Splitting one's shins longitudinally with a chisel?

Levering off kneecaps with a crowbar?

Sawing off top of head and lowering self, exposed brain first, into a pan of boiling water?

All in my new book, '50 things to do on a Sunday night'

I think Stewart Lee is really dull btw. Theres no energy behind him.

I will be watching top gear, as its better than the rest of the tripe that is on at that time. I do think they do push the fake characters too much, and that spoils it.

yer he's about as boring a comedian iv ever seen

i happen to love topgear nothing they say is as offensive as jimmy carr or frankie boyle and i love watching them too they can say what they like if you dont like it dont watch it think about it or comment on it i dont see it as racist i see it as what it is, a joke the same as when they said all 4x4 drivers were murderers we all know there not its just a funny joke

people keep on about all this pc stuff its rediculous people should be able to say exactly what they think s*** bust if someone doesnt like it they dont have to listen

i mean the other week with that sexist stuff with andy grey so what if thats his veiws he should be aloud to have them and not lose his job because of it

all the pc stuff in this world is gettin as nearly out of hand as heath and safty i think topgear abuse pretty much everyone and thank god they do theres not many tv programmes as main stream as them that will take that risk

They have now gone too far, they just said that a lot of Albanians come to the UK steal cars and send them back to Albania, this of course is ............................................................................................................................................................................................is absolutly true, when they aren't murdering people and running prostitution rings!!!!! How do I know I was locked up with loads of them!!!!!!!!!

I missed this episode because the missus is in hospital, which is shame as I worked in Albania (Kukes, known as the wild west)for 3 months in 99, then in Kosovo for a few months, so have to agree with what has been said about the car theft and also what Dude has said. I remember sitting on the quayside in Ancona waiting to board a ferry to Dures watching scores of western motors, mostly mercs or 'benz' as they call them there being loaded under the noses of Italian customs who appeared to know all the kids driving them very well. Have to catch it on Tuesday

I'll still be watching after all what's said on tv needs to be taken with a pinch of salt anyway. It's up to whoevers watching to take things the way they want.

If they get offended fair enough lifes too bloody short to stop doing or watching the things you like over stupid comments made on a tv show regardless if

you think there right or not!

Mmmmm, a few years back a large Aerospace company moved it's main manufacturing to Mexico, within a year it was all rushed back to the UK as it was a disaster over there. Them pesky drug cartels no doubt !

I wonder, are they still in the UK or have they now moved it out to China :)

Casual Racism? What nonsence.

It is stereotypical for an old man to be hard of hearing.

It is stereotypical for americans to be fat.

It is stereotypical for irish to be on the piss all day.

It is stereotypical for mexicans to wear hats oh no wait, now im being racist... ??!

Pfft, A stereotype is a held popular belief about specific groups or types of individuals - Try asking the Mexicans to stop living up to it.

Casual Racism? What nonsence.

It is stereotypical for an old man to be hard of hearing.

It is stereotypical for americans to be fat.

It is stereotypical for irish to be on the piss all day.

It is stereotypical for mexicans to wear hats oh no wait, now im being racist... ??!

Pfft, A stereotype is a held popular belief about specific groups or types of individuals - Try asking the Mexicans to stop living up to it.

Trolling for a reaction?

Im certainly not trolling, I just dont see the big problem?

Soon it will be illegal to be stereotypical, then illegal to even think it.

And for the record, I dont even like or watch top gear, but its PC gone mad, blah blah..

{Edit} Infact, im not even looking for a reply, Im just letting other people know, who have the same opinions as I, that they arent the only other sane people left in this world.

Really...you won't be watching because they said something about Mexicans? Touchy much?

I'm ginger, and laughed my head off at Frankie Boyle mocking ginger people for 10 minutes, some of his best stand-up.

I honestly don't think Clarkson, Hammond and May attend anti-Mexican rallies and such. I think they were having a joke and people got upset and complained...as people do with everything these days.

Lighten up would be my advice...you'll give yourself a heart attack!

Out of curiosity, is Mexican a race?

I don't think you can be "Racist" without actually discriminating against a particular race.

I would tend to agree with what Purity has put (I almost can't believe I just wrote that), that it is in fact stereotyping and not racism.

They are being deliberately ignorant to gain cheap laughs, bottom of the barrel stuff for what used to be a fairly humorous show. A lot of knee jerk reactions being caused over it, gaining cracking publicity to help the dwindling viewing figures at a guess. I certainly won't lose sleep over it, although I will occasionally yawn when such "jokes" are used in the show.

Would be interesting to see the viewer count from Sunday compared to the previous week(s).