Norway 1.52 1.39

Poland 1.13 1.07

Portugal 1.39 1.15

Slovakia 1.22 1.01

Slovenia 1.25 1.13

Spain 1.15 1.08

Sweden 1.41 1.36

Switzerland 1.22 1.28

Odd how most other countries charge less for Diesel - significantly so in some places.

Same here. I'd like to move somewhere else. Australia would be nice but they don't tolerate modifications and stuff.

yer deffo mate, im not a racist or anything but 1/2 the country isnt even british... We let anyone come in and prices are so expensive but yet our jobs dont pay more..

Id love to live in the states, California some were like San dieago or sumin... and then i could drive on DECENT roads!! lol

yer deffo mate, im not a racist or anything but 1/2 the country isnt even british... We let anyone come in and prices are so expensive but yet our jobs dont pay more..

Id love to live in the states, California some were like San dieago or sumin... and then i could drive on DECENT roads!! lol

You want to live somewhere else and yet you complain that *cough* half the people that live here aren't British. Irony truly is a dead scene.

You might want to rethink that. As soon as the dollar loses its status as the world reserve currency, the US will become the most expensive country in the world. The US Treasury couldn't afford to pay their debts if they didn't have the right to print dollars at will. Interest times ahead for the US methinks...

Have you seen some of the roads out there mate?

And then there's the other things to do with how you'd have to live your life - 10 days annual leave per year, massive bill each month for medical insurance.....

Yes fuel is expensive here, but like Soop Dogg says, look at some of the lesser perks too. Let's not forget Income Tax levels.

I can't be bothered to post them up, but I'm sure other Euorpean nations pay a lot more tax than the UK.

Does anyone know what the thresholds are for the US?

Prices in euro's for unleaded and diesel in Oct 2010

Let me sort those for you....

By Unleaded Price descending:

Country U/L

Netherlands 1.55

Norway 1.52

Greece 1.50

Denmark 1.44

Finland 1.43

France 1.41

Germany 1.41

Sweden 1.41

Portugal 1.39

Belgium 1.38

Hungary 1.38

Italy 1.36

N. Ireland 1.34

GB 1.33

Ireland 1.30

Czech Rep. 1.25

Slovenia 1.25

Slovakia 1.22

Switzerland 1.22

Austria 1.20

Lithuania 1.20

Luxembourg 1.15

Spain 1.15

Poland 1.13

Estonia 1.10

Latvia 1.09

By Diesel Price Descending:

Country Diesel

Norway 1.39

N.Ireland 1.37

GB 1.36

Sweden 1.36

Hungary 1.31

Greece 1.30

Italy 1.30

Denmark 1.28

Switzerland 1.28

France 1.27

Ireland 1.25

Czech Rep 1.23

Germany 1.22

Netherlands 1.22

Belgium 1.17

Finland 1.16

Portugal 1.15

Slovenia 1.13

Austria 1.12

Estonia 1.12

Spain 1.08

Poland 1.07

Latvia 1.05

Lithuania 1.04

Slovakia 1.01

Luxembourg 1.00

If you're thinking of moving to either for the cars I think you may be sorely disappointed. Choose your destination very carefully :)

Do tell, I spend a lot of time out there and personally I really like it, race tracks and drag strips are littered everywhere, fuel is cheap, tax on cars is cheap, insurance on cars is cheap and aftermarket accessories generally tend to be a bit cheaper.

California is a VERY expensive place to live, and the roads out that way aren't 'amazing', generally speaking, the more south you go, the better the roads get, also, in the northern states the roads can be a bit cr@p (eg Colorado) as they have cold winters that cause there roads to freeze, crack and have large potholes.

Have you seen some of the roads out there mate?

And then there's the other things to do with how you'd have to live your life - 10 days annual leave per year, massive bill each month for medical insurance.....

As above, the roads depend on the state tbh. Regarding the holiday's out there, well it all depends on the company, for instance, if I were to do my job in the Austin office in the states, I would have 1 day less holiday(so 23 days) my pay would be roughly the same as it is here, but then yes you have health insurance which would be about $200/£130 a month but I would save about £50 a month on car insurance and about £200 a month on petrol, so I'm up £120 already, sales tax is at 8.25% compared to our 20%.

Also, my pay here goes into the 40% tax bracket, in the states I would only reach the 25% tax bracket so my take home would be more.

Generally if you have a reasonable job, the way of life over there is far superior, A house over here that would cost £800k (i.e. Good area, 5 Bedroom, Swimming pool, large drive with 4 car garage) will cost you about £350k there, unless your in California, there it will be about the same.