The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Offland's big single and weight reduction build

Oddball87

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rang Rare rims today to place my order. I went with Rota GTR-D in Hyper black fronts 18/10j rears 18/12j. I am going to try Kumho Ecsta V70A softs fronts 245 or 255 rears 335. As soon as they arrive i can crack on with the arches.

What offsets on the rears did you go for in the end mate? Hyperblack, the best colour imo :thumbs:

Made a start on tubing the rear arches last night.

attachment.php?attachmentid=162761&d=1358014953

Cut out stock arch.

attachment.php?attachmentid=162762&d=1358015018

Panel beating the edges.

attachment.php?attachmentid=162763&d=1358015073

Using a Joggler tool the make a step in the steel for strength and to make a better seam to weld the custom inter arch to.

attachment.php?attachmentid=162764&d=1358015125

We are tubing the inner arches for maximum wheel clearance,suspension travel and strength. Safe guarding the rear quarter's against things like blow outs etc...

IMG_1308.JPG

IMG_1309.JPG

IMG_1310.JPG

IMG_1311.JPG

Blimey! They look so wide compared to Mr Henry lol. I might go for the same tire as you if there any good.

lol. The Kuhmo V70 are a good Tyre, Lots of people use them on Loton park hill climb near me with great results. Will let you no how they get on with 700+hp lol

I hope they are mate I would be very happy to get my car 10 second capable with out the need for drag radials so im in the search for a very good tire. Im only running 315s at the minute on whats pretty much a budget tire. Cheers :)

• 2 weeks later...

These are the plugs i will be making my custom engine loom to go in to. They fit on the bulkhead. So all the wiring from the engine will be pinned into one plug. Nice and tidy and when i remove my engine its a 2 sec job to remove the loom. Will get some pics and how we are doing it soon as i can.

attachment.php?attachmentid=163634&d=1359325347

attachment.php?attachmentid=163635&d=1359325419

boot_01.jpg

circular_twist.jpg