The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Offland's big single and weight reduction build

Oddball87

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
If you're going to loose all that weight I would look seriouly at going too big of a turbo. My 67 Billet is absoluetly mental and I'm running 1335kg at the mo, when it goes down to sub 1300kg it's going to be even worse. I'm running 720bhp, and with a couple more small tweaks (for example a small boost increase - I run a conservative 1.5 BAR compared to most of the big hitters on here) I'm sure a 750bhp is do-able. That would put my power to weight on par with a 900bhp UK Spec.

I personally would go for the smaller turbo, then yes sell it and swap for a larger one later for a small loss

i no what you mean mate, when i lightend my supra when it was BPU it made a big difference its going to be crazy when its single. i will make sure a i take a few spare pairs of pants with me lol

• 1 month later...

I was running the virtual work intake so were Envy, great manifold i also brought the 4" charge pipe abd the power steering relocation kit from them which i would highly recommend.

I had them make a throttle cable for mine as the LHD is shorther the orginal one i got from them had a spice in which failed if you order the manifold then make sure you tell Dana at VW that yourcar is RHD and you want the proper cable not the 2 piece rubbish.

i had the BOV flange wealded on

Reclocation kit