hodge

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Funny you should mention it actually!

I'm in no hurry to get the car back, with work being very busy and going away next Sat, so I told Hodge to concentrate on his car, and that I want mine back when I get home. So, he's been on his - but today, he's doing the oil pump and FMS. The rear seal has been inspected and looks new, so we're leaving that. I'm expect John will have an update today and will put some miles on the car over the next 3 weeks, so I can pick it up and arrange a hub-dyno day with Ryan.

Hey guys.

Well we started the oil pump and front seal today and 11 hours later were almost done.

It was the 1st time I've done an oil pump on a Supra and it's a pretty horrendous job if I'm honest.

Everything is all built back up now I've just the timing belt to put on, rad in etc etc and were good to go.

As Johnny said we took the gearbox off and inspected the rear seal and IMO it didn't need replacing.

I've also made a new top water elbow with 2 x -6AN fittings for the water feed for the turbos as the origional 1 wasn't up to scratch.

I'm back on the car tomorrow at 10am so if all goes wellie should be all done by 1 ish.

Finished off the oil pump and main seal today. All is good. I drove the car back from my mates garage where we did the work with no issues at all. I've still got the top water elbow to remove again and powdercoat but apart from that it sounds very nice indeed.

I've taken a couple of videos. I'll post them up once I can work out how too.

Wow, awesome mate ! Love to do a twin set up like that

be prepared for a lot of hassle and some very very skinned knuckles. Theres no room to fit anything. It has to be by far the hardest job ive every some on a Supra.

Just before I started the Job, Lee.P told me to pull the engine to do it and I couldnt understand why I would need to go to such extremes, but now aafter finishing the job, now I do.

• 4 weeks later...
When is mapping booked for mate? did the coolant pressurising thing get sorted? what did it turn out to be?

I'm hoping to book it for last week of the month. I've spoken to Ryan about going to SRR the week after the TDi mapping sessions are going on. I'm just so busy at the moment, that the car is very much taking a back seat.

I've not got the exact details from Hodge, but I it was something to do with a weep on the water return pipe. The water pump is getting replaced - it's not headgasket. So, all is OK :)