• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

where is it?

It's somewhere very safe ;)

It's sleeping at the bottom of an inactive volcano hiding from the Russians, (as he starts to hum the Airwolf tune lol).

Nah lol, she's resting ready for it's major Surgery once she comes home.

It's sleeping at the bottom of an inactive volcano hiding from the Russians, (as he starts to hum the Airwolf tune lol).

Nah lol, she's resting ready for it's major Surgery once she comes home.

More Surgery??? FFS get it finished then give it a good beasting. he he he he :p

More Surgery??? FFS get it finished then give it a good beasting. he he he he :p

Ryans coming up to map it to 1Bar at the end of may at the same time he's doing johnnys car. I've bought some bits for it just to get it bang on for him coming up really. Oh and I want to remove some more stuff from the engine bay cos it's looking cluttered again.

I've bought some new V-band for my exhausts and new flanges almost 250 quids worth to be exact cos the V-bands on it are crap and I can't get a good seal.

Plan is, finish Johnnys car on Friday night, I've got Bosscos car to get running sat morning, bring my baby home Sunday and get her all sorted by Thursday before I go on my Jollies for a week.

V.nice work :)

Are those polished pieces on either side of the wings available to buy? I quite like them.

Andy

These look like a set that Miami GT made when they were trading, I've just gave them some love n brought them back to life a little. Rays the roof used to do them but they were a load of shite n didn't fit right.

On the Ps3 so will keep this quick. Great thread and fantastic build. Great effort hodge. Been reading this from start to finish on and off all day. Question. How do you work so long without sleep, something i just can't do. Love the twin set up, met a member years ago (fish i think) on here with a great set up. Anyway on with the great work.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/140295/supra/

Found this link. Sounds very nice.

Edited by Missile (see edit history)

On the Ps3 so will keep this quick. Great thread and fantastic build. Great effort hodge. Been reading this from start to finish on and off all day. Question. How do you work so long without sleep, something i just can't do. Love the twin set up, met a member years ago (fish i think) on here with a great set up. Anyway on with the great work.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/140295/supra/

Found this link. Sounds very nice.

I just enjoy what I do mate (most of the time). Time just disappears and before I know it it's 4am. I get pretty anal over stuff n take stupid amounts of time on 1 piece of the puzzle. I'd be no good working in a garage charging by the hour that's for sure. I'll happily spend a full day routing a pipe or some wires where I want them.

Unfortunatley with this build everything is SO SO tightly compacted there has had to be a couple of compromises with the positioning of things like clamps and such like. I like all the clamps to be facing in the right direction but due to space this was just not possible and believe me I tried, for ages but it just wouldn't have it.

It's going to be another very late night on it Ftiday night but fingers crossed I'll finish it Friday.

Update time.

Well the car is all but done. All that's left to do is sort the fog lights.

For some reason whoever installed the fog light has just ran a wire from the rear fogs to the front fog relay and then to a live on the ECU loom in the cabin which has totally stumped me. Anyway I've removed the wire from the fusebox and ECU and will put the rear fogs on a separate switch.

When I've fitted all the lights etc I've found the fringe for are not working now which I couldn't understand really. I need to investigate more. I'm thinking it has something to do with the live wire ran from the ECU loom to the relay. This can be sorted at a later date as my prime concern is to get mine and Johnnys car both preped mopping at the end of the month.

I've primed the fuel system and also turned the engine over without the ECU connected to prime the engine with oil an make sure there was no issues and all seems good. Here's some pics of the finished article. The car needs some induction pipes and filters sorted but apart from that were good to go.

200Amp alternator.

attachment.php?attachmentid=132659&stc=1&d=1305393856

attachment.php?attachmentid=132660&stc=1&d=1305393856

All bolted together

attachment.php?attachmentid=132661&stc=1&d=1305393856

attachment.php?attachmentid=132662&stc=1&d=1305393856

attachment.php?attachmentid=132663&stc=1&d=1305393856

attachment.php?attachmentid=132664&stc=1&d=1305393893

Front lip attached to the bumper. Cheers to Jevansio for the how to links.

attachment.php?attachmentid=132665&stc=1&d=1305393893

Stainless intercooler panel fitted. I'm very impressed with this bit of kit indeed. Just a 30 quid eBay job but the quality is bang today.

attachment.php?attachmentid=132666&stc=1&d=1305393893

attachment.php?attachmentid=132667&stc=1&d=1305393893

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

Edited by johnny g (see edit history)

I really cannot thank John enough for the work, effort, thought, attention to detail and pride that he's put in to this. It really is above and beyond. The simple things are what make this build a bit different - and that's what I wanted. Decluttered engine bay is just sensational - and keeps it easier for non-polishers like me to keep clean.

Looks lovely guys, whens mapping?

Well, Hodge has a couple of things to do on his car - we're hoping for the end of the month, as we're getting them mapped together. Ryan will be getting my DBW TB and Pedal to create a CAL for them and "pre-map" those.

I really cannot thank John enough for the work, effort, thought, attention to detail and pride that he's put in to this. It really is above and beyond. The simple things are what make this build a bit different - and that's what I wanted. Decluttered engine bay is just sensational - and keeps it easier for non-polishers like me to keep clean.

I'm pleased your happy with it mate.

But just to make a point here, I will NEVER do another big twin conversion EVER, EVER again. Everything was so tight especially with me having hands like shovels lol. I'll so single conversions all day long but big twins are a no no for me haha. I have enjoyed doing it though, well most of the time. It's been different and interesting.

How's your happy with the end result Johnny.

Thanks guys.

It makes all the hours worth wild when you see the final result.

I'm going to give Ryan a buzz tomorrow to book him for the end of the month. I'm also stripping the throttle body and pedal off to send him tomorrow also tomorrow.