The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just been out in one of the new Corvette Z06's

marc_p

hmm seems a lot of people rent exoticas in the States. Reckon they are not too costly to rent over there?

Hmm. Well, here, you don't have an impartial audience. We all love cars, we all love cheap fuel, we all love big engines. Our priorities are different to a lot of people, so whilst we think it's worth it, others might not!

Can anyone give some idea of what they've paid to hire these cars in the States?

A good alternative to a Vette over here may be the Jag XKR. The newer ones are cheaper than Z06s (second hand) similar pace etc while being much better built. They handle very well too. I'd say the soundtrack also rivals the Vette on WOT, and they can be quite the looker :cool:

Can anyone give some idea of what they've paid to hire these cars in the States?

A good alternative to a Vette over here may be the Jag XKR. The newer ones are cheaper than Z06s (second hand) similar pace etc while being much better built. They handle very well too. I'd say the soundtrack also rivals the Vette on WOT, and they can be quite the looker :cool:

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm203/j_s14a/cars/JaguarXKR2010_1.jpg

A C06 is about $250 dollars at the moment, alternatively, the Camaro SS is about $140-$160 at the moment.

EDIT: These are the current per day prices, they can fluctuate from week to week.

A C06 is about $250 dollars at the moment, alternatively, the Camaro SS is about $140-$160 at the moment.

EDIT: These are the current per day prices, they can fluctuate from week to week.

Who is your supplier? I'll have 4 of each please :)

Ahh.. to hire :(

Out of interest, do you out and out prefer it to the Supra or is there thing's you miss?

Well, the Supra has fantastic memories for me and I wouldn't ever have done things differently than I did. I absolutely loved my Supra.

I bought a C5 Corvette and my Supra stuck around as I couldn't quite bring myself to sell it. 2 years later and a chap came along and bought the C5 - while the Supra was still sitting under the car port as if to say 'I saw you arrive here and I'm watching you leave! I'm still here...'

Anyway, I then bought the C6. The Supra was gone within about 2 months.

I don't want to offend anyone, but the Supra was an older car and so maybe it's not fair to compare them directly. It'd be like comparing a 1993 Porsche 911 against a 998, I suppose. The corvette is also very different as it's a 6-litre N/A, so the power delivery is very linear. Handling is quite superb and the whole experience (with the soundtrack and all that!) is just awesome.

I now feel that I'm in the place where I want to be with my car, and nothing else really matters. I was this way with the Supra for a long number of years, but I moved on when something came along that was a worthy replacement. That'll happen again one day when I move on from the C6 I guess...

Someone mentioned insurance prices - my C6 costs me £360 ish per year with an Admiral multicar policy, and because it's a UK market car, I think this makes a difference like it would with a Uk Supra.

Same here when I was in Miami. (yellow with black stripe convertable)

Was absolutely amazing and still I car I want to own :D

Made sure I enjoyed every moment of the 24 hours I rented it out just in case if i never get in 1 again ;)

Not quite a Z06 but still just as enjoyable :cool:

I did about 900 miles (there and back is all i drove) over about 5 days. 7 hours it took. Very comfortable tbh. Cost about £1000 at the time when it was almost $2 to the £ so took advantage.