The mkiv Supra Owners Club

V8 Twin Turbo Project

Ryan.G

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after 3 monthes of late nights, unhappy girlfriend, burns, bruises and stress the engine is finally in the car working as it should :)

Got the engine in last weekend but had to take out this week in the night as the guy who ever changed over the sump setup to a soarer on my engine forget to change the pickup gasket. Resulting in air getting in and not gaining oil pressure. (Thanks Chris Wilson for diagnosising this over the phone...Legend!!)

All the gearbox setups works a treat with the custom flywheel i had made. Uses all the stock setup and works with the starter motor perfectly! Well happy with this.

The gearbox is got 2nd hand and it works fine after a quick rebuild but whines abit on idle and in gear but the noise goes away when the clutch is depressed.. Thinking a faulty release bearing??

Anyway here are some pics when it went in. Will get a video up soon and pics of the exterior of the car.

Only downside to the 1uz conversion is it sits so damn high at the front now with the weight differences

Sounds sweet. Is it burning oil or just vapour? Cant see very well on this screen. Are you running the S6 now, or will you be adding that when the turbo's get their cores?

Sounds sweet. Is it burning oil or just vapour? Cant see very well on this screen. Are you running the S6 now, or will you be adding that when the turbo's get their cores?

Just condensation in the exhaust as it had just had a wash.

Running S6 Now

Looking good. I like them seats, bride's?

How did you find the gearbox mated up with the prop / crossmember with the adapter plate?

• 1 month later...

Right no more whinning from gearbox!! Nice part was causing it all along which im waiting on some compensation for at present as it took out a gearbox, cost over £100 to get fixed and about 10 late nights of my time!

So now its ready for mapping as an N/A

Got my Lexus wheels back from a refurb as well :)

Finally got some Forged pistons and Uprated rods on the way over to build the spare engine for when i get bored :D

Ryan

Edited by Ryan.G (see edit history)

Good to hear you got the "box" issue sorted out in the end :)

Is the offer still on to have a drive in this while it's still NA? :eyebrows: Do you think you'll be able to bring it along to the SRR day on the 28th?

Of Course!

It might be twin turbo be the 28th!! i Soon get bored!