The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Liverpool FC sign Suarez

CJ

Dalglish signed Alan Shearer in 1992 and he led Blackburn to the title. Shearer had had 3 seasons in Southampton’s first team. In 89-90 Shearer scored three goals in 26 games. In 90-91 it was four in 36. In 91-92 it was 13 in 41. But the British transfer record was smashed for Shearer when he signed for Blackburn at exactly the same age Carroll is signing for Liverpool. By the time he moved Shearer had appeared three times for England, Carroll so far once. In real terms it’s a ridiculous figure, but in football terms Dalglish knows exactly what he’s doing.

Talk sport.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Liverpool supporter I don't understand the vast hatred towards him. At the end of the day he's a spanish guy working in England trying to make the most out of his football career.Hardly a young lad from Liverpool that screwed the club over that brought him through the ranks. What was he realistically going to challenge for with Liverpool anytime soon. He's not done much for the team for a long time.

Out of form since before the World Cup and not his normal predatory self since start of season. The fee for Torres was astronimical so was the fee paid out for Carroll . He didn't screw the club, they made a very very healthy profit on Fernando that gave them the financial prowess to make 2 big signings that will hopefully replace the threat that Torres was once upon a time.

Yep.

LFC players must not have any professional pride to play for one manager and not another. Because, Kenny is not doing anything radical with tactics.

Kind of is. Kelly playing more, Konchesky out, Johnson left sided, Gerrard deeper than Meireles, Ngog not playing much, 4-4-2 when we had Torres

Roy being linked to...........which famous club?

Inter? NO!

Barca? NO!

Maybe the Chelsea in the summer? (i can only pray) but NO!

Yes its WBA............................... Where he will take them down.

I think west brom have made a mistake there is no way they should have sacked there manager after losing to city! They were never realistically going to beat them and he brought them up! Makes you wonder what some owners think! :(

And we didnt even need him.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO if Roy was such a awesome manager can someone explain the results since he left?

I think sometimes it's a case if your face doesn't fit. All the players have raised there game now,yesterday gerrard looked like the player he can be.

Was so glad torres never scored and Liverpool won aswell.can't stand Chelsea.

Looks like man united will take that 19th title this year.... :)

i cant stand liverpool or chelsea if i watch a prem team its normally arsenal or united. i really want liverpol to get relegated im a pompey fan so i our club cant even afford wages let alone 35 million on some useless long hired idiot who yer is a god player but not 35 million good tbh i cant stand prem football atm i cant stand football its all overpaid wankers moaning about pointless rubbish pls there such pussys in my job i have to carry on 8 mile tabs even though iv torn a muscle in my groin i just get told to man up they fall over there own feet and stay down ages rolling around really breaks me!!!