The mkiv Supra Owners Club

White 1998 Toyota Supra SZ-R, 6 speed Getrag NA, 53k on the clock

j_jza80

No longer for sale :)

Hey guys, unfortunately it looks as if i'm going to have to sell the Supra :( This is due to ever increasing running costs, and my meagre student income :(

I'll start with a few pics:

As said, she's a 1998 6 speed SZ-R (the rare as rockinghorse sh1te type) with approx 53k on the clock (though this will increase a little as it's being used) She has various optional extras, including the OEM skirts and spats, carbon OEM steering wheel etc.

It has loads of import documentation included, and some service history. The car starts and runs perfectly, pulls well (for an NA :D ) and drives perfectly. It has the standard NA type brakes, which work perfectly well, and are more than adequate for the NAs performance. The car is fitted with stock suspension, which is a little too soft for my liking, and would really benefit from one of CWs suspension kits

The interior is in very good condition, with the standard facelift black carpet and looking like new. It has 'Pure sport' Mats fitted, which are a desireable extra. The OEM Carbon wheels and std gearknob are in excellent order too. It has standard cloth seats fitted, which are in good condition for the age.

The exterior is very straight, with no dents, creases etc. There is the odd very small bubble in the odd place, however this is not really noticeable, and is in keeping with the cars age. The car's had a blow over on the paint at some point in it's life, and when the cars dirty you can see the masking lines around the windows, if you look hard. The paint polishes up very well, and the car is generally very presentable for a 13 year old car. The car is still fitted with the stock exhaust.

The car will come fitted with 17" Weds wheels, that are in this picture:

image They have light kerbing, but are certainly presentable. These have excellent tyres on them, all round.

I have the 18" BBS LM wheels from the first pictures also available. They are gunmetal with polished lips, and are in excellent condition, with no marks, kerbing etc. There will be offered first refusal to the cars buyer for £1200 extra. These wheels are seriously expensive new. This price includes a fitted 'Tyresure pressure monitoring system)

There are also various other bits available to the buyer (any parts not wanted with the car will be sold seperately on the forum after the sale of the car)

- Perfect condition OEM Recaros and subframes - £600

- OEM active spoiler (lip only) - £100

- Tinted facelift front indicators - £40 (will also include some free clear lenses for the rear indicators)

- BBS wheels (see above)

Now on Pistonheads for £5500: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2461576.htm

I may take a PX, however nothing French.

This is a very keen price for a 6 speed NA, especially for this mileage. With one of Kerons conversions, you could be driving around in a 6 speed facelift TT for just over £7k!

I don't even mind if it goes abroad... :D

Thanks guys :cool:

It's breaking my heart so sell it, but in this instance my head has to rule my heart :)

Literally 1/5th of my gross monthly income is being spent on running this car, which TBH is a bit much :D If it doesn't sell by the end of March, she's going to Jurgen for a 1JZ VVTi conversion and i'll garage her longterm (after summer)

I just feel it's a bit of a waste not using her.

Really is a nice car, shame your selling up, but you might aswell sort yourself out then buy another once your finished being a student bum :D

Definetly a good price and (I don't usually say this as it is a bit cliche) but I can't actually see that taking long to sell at that price.

"I will take a px, however, nothing French"........HAHA Classic

GLWS

:D

It's a cliche, but french cars have been a nightmare for me, so never again. TBH i'd quite like a PX, as if i'm given the money, i'll probably just go out and buy something else expensive :D

Good luck with this. Very nice car and a straight advert too.

Just been thinking of second hand prices and worked out you could get £4000 for the skirts, spats, wheels and gearbox alone. :( There's a lot of car left for just £1500.

Good luck with this. Very nice car and a straight advert too.

Just been thinking of second hand prices and worked out you could get £4000 for the skirts, spats, wheels and gearbox alone. :( There's a lot of car left for just £1500.

Surely selling the BBS wheels would cover your costs on this at least for a certain ammount of time, and you wouldn't have to get rid. May be delaying the inevitable but its worth considering if you haven't already. Lovely looking car btw, glws.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.