The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BEWARE (D P Motorsport)

Pricey NA

just to let you know guys, i ordered a set of new wheels from d p motorsport on 28december 2010 an said the wheels are in stock will be sent the same day, great stuff, but a week later i had a phone call saying that the wheels will be 4 weeks till they arrive to them!! so i asked for the return of my money £499,

till this date today i havent had a penny back, they are very rude on the phone and wont advise or say when i will be getting a refund, im starting to lose hope now but its alot of money to me and just hope its a technical glitch but the way they talk to me etc im sure it is not

if i was closer to them, me being north wales them being scotland, id go to them and ask for a explaination face to face but it is a long way to go just to get brushed off so to speak

any advice guys??

What these box shifters mean when they say "Its in stock" is "Our supplier has stock", which could be outside of the UK. It hasn't even been a month yet, and with Christmas/New Year and poor weather in between there have probably been delays. Don't get too stressed over it yet.

What these box shifters mean when they say "Its in stock" is "Our supplier has stock", which could be outside of the UK. It hasn't even been a month yet, and with Christmas/New Year and poor weather in between there have probably been delays. Don't get too stressed over it yet.

Agreed, but if the purchaser is led to believe next day delivery or sameday delivery is what he is geting, then doesn't - the seller should provide a full refund at his request. It may be that D P motorsports has placed the order with their supplier and they will lose money because of it, but they have made a mistake with their advertisement and should honour a refund.

The next day delivery kind of implies their being sent the next day ;)

Poor at best and if they are being rude on the phone then thats just not on, another name to add to my list of many not to deal with.

If they keep that up i doubt they'll make 2012

DP Motorsports rings a bell from years ago, in fact it rings alarm bells. I think the previous owner of my car had a lot of trouble with them.

Edit - having read the middle link Animal provided, yeah, that's kinda how I remember what they are like. basically they take your money, and lie lie lie lie and lie again. How could you ever trust anyone with that kind of rep?

Mate, hopefully you paid some of it at least on a credit card. If so, then contact your card company and invoke "Section 75" which in short commits your credit card company to share the liability with the defaulting company to you, the debtor (basically get your money back from the company who took it or pay you the full sum themselves). The only condition is that you have to have paid some of your purchase using the credit card and the purchase must be between £100 and £30,000, and that the charge must be made directly on the credit card, not through a third party payment system like Paypal.

You can pay as little as £10 on your card for a £20,000 car and if the car company go into liquidation before you get your car, the credit card company are obliged to pay you the full £20,000 refund out of their own pockets. It's a great law everyone should know about.

More here: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases

Its not this D P Motorsport is it: http://www.dp-motorsport.co.uk ?

If so it doesnt look good.

NOTICE

Due to the current economic climate DP Motorsport has ceased trading. We are currently working to clear our backlog of orders, no new orders will be taken

If you have ordered anything and require an update on the status please email us at [email protected]

Thank You For your support over the years

Regards The Whole DP-Motorsport Team!