The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Le Mans pix and my story about it

SupraWoman

I saw 3 of these Diablos at Alencon on Thursday night. I was with Angoe and Alex off this board at the time. You had a red Porsche 911 with you at the time. I think you came out of a junction turning right, and must have decided you had gone the wrong way as you all turned around at a roundabout and came howling back down the road past our hotel.

The last one in the line (black I think) sounded awesome!

Anyway, I'll get some pics sorted out and post them later, but in the meantime, here's a taster or two.

yeh, that was us! LOL :D

More pix please! :love:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw 3 of these Diablos at Alencon on Thursday night. I was with Angoe and Alex off this board at the time. You had a red Porsche 911 with you at the time. I think you came out of a junction turning right, and must have decided you had gone the wrong way as you all turned around at a roundabout and came howling back sown the road past our hotel.

The last one in the line (black I think) sounded awesome!

Anyway, I'll get some pics sorted out and post them later, but in the meantime, here's a taster or two.

Some awesome photos there, look forward to seeing the rest :)

One day i WILL own a supercar (other than the Supra of course ;))

How did you find the Countach to drive - its supposed to be horrific?

what u mean by horrific?

Its definetely not an easy thing to drive, you have to be pretty good and confident in driving this thing at high speeds, thats for sure..

Its not a women car - no power steering, clutch is heave, and so the gear box

what u mean by horrific?

Its definetely not an easy thing to drive, you have to be pretty good and confident in driving this thing at high speeds, thats for sure..

Its not a women car - no power steering, clutch is heave, and so the gear box

They've featured one on Top Gear a few times and said its a gorgeous car but its just awful to drive. Silly heavy steering, pedals, gearbox etc and incredibly uncomfortable for anything more than 5 mins..........

Be nice to hear if thats not the case, Countach was an 80's icon of mine! :D :cool:

They've featured one on Top Gear a few times and said its a gorgeous car but its just awful to drive. Silly heavy steering, pedals, gearbox etc and incredibly uncomfortable for anything more than 5 mins..........

Be nice to hear if thats not the case, Countach was an 80's icon of mine! :D :cool:

well - I drove it for more than 5 mins :Pling: From Abbeville to Calais. Of course it'll not be easy to drive, as I said - everything is mechanical there, no electronic. Heavy steering - yes, as no power steering. Gearbox - yes, very heavy. If I drove it - and I mean, Im a woman, not a guy, plus I drove it with my bare feets and at night. So anyone can do it as well then. But - you'll need probably about a couple of weeks to get accostomised ur self to this machine. That guy owns this car for the last 6 years and loves it, and before he had another Countach for a few years as well. Thats probably says something.

To sit in the car - there's plenty of space. I had my legs on dashboard! LOL

But windows are just a joke, of course. would prefer any other Lambo - a newer model, but that goes to any car. I had a few years ago old Supra - same pic, no power steering etc. I would prefer my car, a newer one. If u see what I mean.

But in the end of the day - if you can drive COuntach, its a great car. I enjoyed it throughout all holiday. The engine noise is amazing, the acceleration - I wish my car could accelerate like that. :woot:

when we arrived to Calais. There's a yellow Ferrari arrived, a new 360 (or whatever, Im not good at them). The Countach steal all attention. People wanted to have a look inside, sit inside, look at the engine. No one was near Ferrari..

But in the whole time – I only seen 3 Supras.. Black, Silver and Red – all at different times of the day. The red one was passing through Arnauge while we were sitting inside waiting for a diner. It was so bloody loud that even Chris (Pagani Zonda’s owner) – said, whats was that?? LOL Very impressing

Yay :D That'll be me then!

-Ian

well, Ian.. U got awsome engine sound.. Im jealous :cry:

What type of exaust do u have? I've done dbl de-cat - but its still not the same.. :shrug:

Vortex 3" straight through downpipe and centre section, Power & Performance custom 3" cat-back, and a patched-up Apexi Dunk (I think) 'silencer' section. Plus a T67 at the engine end, letting as much noise out as possible ;)

-Ian

Edit - find attached a wav of the car going through a tunnel, both windows down :D Apologies for the lousy sound quality as it clipped the mike :eek: Also fast forward to about halfway through as I can't cut the wav down at work ;)

Vortex 3" straight through downpipe and centre section, Power & Performance custom 3" cat-back, and a patched-up Apexi Dunk (I think) 'silencer' section. Plus a T67 at the engine end, letting as much noise out as possible ;)

-Ian

God.. I'll have to write it all down :drown: :help:

Guest Terry S

-Ian

cant you feel the 4" calling................;)

Yay :D That'll be me then!

-Ian

Sorry to disappoint you Ian, but it can't have been you.

We went into Arnage twice. Friday you travelled in my car to get the shopping.

Monday we went in for Breakfast, but Suprawoman said she went home on Sunday.

But I reckon yours must sound better anyway! In the tunnels in Rouen it sounded absolutely awesome! Even a little intimidating.

:respekt:

Sorry to disappoint you Ian, but it can't have been you.

We went into Arnage twice. Friday you travelled in my car to get the shopping.

Monday we went in for Breakfast, but Suprawoman said she went home on Sunday.

But I reckon yours must sound better anyway! In the tunnels in Rouen it sounded absolutely awesome! Even a little intimidating.

:respekt:

The red SUpe we seen - was on Saturday night

Guest Terry S

Edit - find attached a wav of the car going through a tunnel, both windows down :D Apologies for the lousy sound quality as it clipped the mike :eek: Also fast forward to about halfway through as I can't cut the wav down at work ;)

Weird didnt here the WG or BOV?

I think I'm getting popular due to Le Mans.. :eek:

Chatted to ppl from other forum and one of them found a pic of me on French forum (that has nothing to do with cars..) LOL

:who: :blink:

http://img117.echo.cx/img117/6319/postedbytommy8wb.th.jpg

J'ai une blonde moi :D

Attendez :D

J'ai un pote qui en a pris pas mal, ça viendra

Merci, pas mal

Vivement de voir les photos de ton pote :love: