The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The sudden influx of Midge's !

MichaelG

Dunno if its regional or what, but has anyone else noticed that there is a MASSIVE increase in the amount of midge's or midgees (the little shi7s that hover in the air and try to eat you alive) in the UK just now?

I was outside talking to a mate tonight, and about 5 mins later, was swarmed with heaps of them around us, got worse and worse, until i was brushing them off and covered in them all over my t-shirt, hair arms etc every time i looked down :help:

Mega itchy little buggers, but i can never remember having that much of a problem with them before.....covered in bites now !

Oh and they have a craving for my poor dog as well, being short haired you can see about 4-5 bites on his side, poor guy :giveup:

Maybe its just up here, but its annoying as hell !!!

Oh.....PS.....and i very nearly typed "Midgets" in the heading line by accident there lol. :clap: :p

yeah tell me about it fella, took the kids up to the lakes camping last Friday and bear in mind i've been to Africa twice i got eaten alive, i have never been so comprehensively chewed up in my life, thank f**k the kids got away relatively unscathed their mother would have killed me, lloyds pharmacy antihistamine cream works well for the itching

yeah tell me about it fella, took the kids up to the lakes camping last Friday and bear in mind i've been to Africa twice i got eaten alive, i have never been so comprehensively chewed up in my life, thank f**k the kids got away relatively unscathed their mother would have killed me, lloyds pharmacy antihistamine cream works well for the itching

Cheers dude, i had a shower as soon as i came in, and about a dozen of them came out my hair and down the plughole !!

I normally get quite a lot around here, but lately it's been OK to be honest.

I bought one of those 'zappers' for inside which makes a satisfying snap, crackle or pop everytime one gets snuffed! It makes scratching those itches a little easier to bare!

Is it not something to do with the less use of pesticides in the fields?

Farmers usually use a lot of pesticide to kill off all the insects that eat the crops... I thought I heard somewhere that the use of pesticides is not so common these days. Or something that they've changed the way pesticides work so that they only kill certain insects. Can't remember where I saw it, but this would also be a reason why the little fooookers are all over the place.