The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra very dated.....

jazz1

Thanks Dude.

I like both myself, im a big stock fan, all i think is needed is a quality set of wheels and the right ride height and you are on a winner.

I also like some kitted cars, Colins do-luck supra looked amazing, as did Supradibbs blue car. some people get it so wrong with kits though, there are many ugly supras out there that have been f**ked up with nasty replica kits that have been fitted badly im sorry to say.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MKIV's look amazing even by today's standards. The only conditions IMO would be to not have stock wheels and to be well kept. They look better than any modern crap sports cars. No wonder people are turning their over the Supra and not over M3's and common 911's.

Sell me your car :D

Thanks Dude.

I like both myself, im a big stock fan, all i think is needed is a quality set of wheels and the right ride height and you are on a winner.

I also like some kitted cars, Colins do-luck supra looked amazing, as did Supradibbs blue car. some people get it so wrong with kits though, there are many ugly supras out there that have been f**ked up with nasty replica kits that have been fitted badly im sorry to say.

No probs mate

Your right, all that silver needs is a few subtle changes and there stunning, even the 17" stock wheels look great on them if the car was dropped a little..Those pics of yours though Jamie, you would never thought it was a 95 car, it looks alot more modern

Yes, the Supra looks dated to a degree, but it's how it does it, there's nothing wrong with a car ageing, as long as it ages well, for example, below are 2 cars made in the same year, one has aged nicely and still looks good by todays standards and a would not look oput of place being driven by the rich and famous, the other however, has not aged all too good :

Both cars were made in 1982, both are front engined and rear wheel drive and both were probably priced in a similar bracket:

1982 Corvette:

http://www.cruzincorvettes.org/WDM_82_C3/red_corvette4.jpg

1982 Porsche 928:

http://www.carster.com/car-pictures/1982/porsche/928/1982-Porsche-928-160473792991-1-l.jpg

http://imganuncios.mitula.net/porsche_928_coupe_4_7_v8_auto_red_great_condition_sold_with_a_full_mot_1982_x_classic_car_92487769278643990.jpg

But then again, it's how you keep it/modify it, generally it's the bone stock and heavily bodykitted Supra's that I find look dated the most, but it depends how you modify it, here's a few pics to show you, one bone stock, badly cared for, pre facelift in silver with faded headlights and different wheels, then a nicely looked after RSP one that is fairly stock bar wheels and brakes, then a badly bodykitted one and then a nicely cared for bodykitted one, see which one's you like best:

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/1/web/3145000-3145999/3145483_13_full.jpg

http://www.designercars.net/biler/Toyota-Supra-6.jpg

http://www.ccwheel.com/gallery/TOYOTA/SUPRA/MKIV/505a/zoomed/07.jpg

Well said that man, Geo's, yours, Jevansio, JohnnyG's cars are right up there as my faves on the forum. Granted Jamie's car is way more than stock, but it retains the stock look.

Yes, the Supra looks dated to a degree, but it's how it does it, there's nothing wrong with a car ageing, as long as it ages well, for example, below are 2 cars made in the same year, one has aged nicely and still looks good by todays standards and a would not look oput of place being driven by the rich and famous, the other however, has not aged all too good :

Both cars were made in 1982, both are front engined and rear wheel drive and both were probably priced in a similar bracket:

Dude, 928's rock :p

I totally aggre with you mplavery, that silver one was exact type I saw today and that's what I was referring to, in the sense of completly stock. No doubt jamiep, jevanso, alex2jz and other members on here have modern stock enough supras that look awesome. It must have been the fact it was silver with pre-facelifts, it just did not look awesome to when I normally see supras on the road.....

The 928 and Corvette were from 82, the Supra from 93 - bit of a difference. 11 years of progression for a start!

Saying that - we all know that when we drive our cars down most high streets, they still get looks, comments and fingers pointing - the 928 wouldn't, the Vette might (but only from pure petrolheads, not from most people).

Not many cars from that era that weren't pure exotica do. OK, it was a £42K car in 1996 (UK spec) but £ for £ this was a car that gave supercar straightline performance from a company more at home offering you the Corolla as a way of getting from A to B. A car that could give a Ferrari 348 a smacked ar5e for half the wedge. It still looks good today - 18 years after it was first made, unchanged bar minor cosmetic updates until 2002 - and, as mentioned, only needing wheels and suspension to keep it just as fresh now as when it first hit the streets. 300ZX (the car it was designed to beat) look that good? No! What car from 1993 with similar stats can claim the same? Name one.

Whilst not a timeless design, it is surely a design that commands both respect from its peers and from adoration from those not even born when it rolled off the production line - such is its impact on the motoring scene. It will go down as a milestone in car design at some point. A car that delivers staggering performance that you can drive every day and not have to have serviced every 3,000 miles at stupid costs! And even today, still kicks a55 against some of the so-called exotica! Dated? F*ck off!!!!

The 928 and Corvette were from 82, the Supra from 93 - bit of a difference. 11 years of progression for a start!

Saying that - we all know that when we drive our cars down most high streets, they still get looks, comments and fingers pointing - the 928 wouldn't, the Vette might (but only from pure petrolheads, not from most people).

I think you swung and missed on my point there fella :D

I was saying that, yes, the cars will start to look dated, but it's how well it does it, so I picked a year from random(in this case 1982) and picked 2 cars that were probably bought by similar people but one has aged well(the Corvette) the other hasn't (the 928), I was saying that although the Supra will age, I think it will age well (like the Corvette, 67 mustang, Datson 240z, etc etc) I was in no way comparing the Corvette or the 928 to the Supra, just saying that it will age well(IMO), the tat will dissapear and maybe in 10 years time they will start fetching decent money :)

I think you swung and missed on my point there fella :D

I was saying that, yes, the cars will start to look dated, but it's how well it does it, so I picked a year from random(in this case 1982) and picked 2 cars that were probably bought by similar people but one has aged well(the Corvette) the other hasn't (the 928), I was saying that although the Supra will age, I think it will age well (like the Corvette, 67 mustang, Datson 240z, etc etc) I was in no way comparing the Corvette or the 928 to the Supra, just saying that it will age well(IMO), the tat will dissapear and maybe in 10 years time they will start fetching decent money :)

I was very, very,very drunk when I typed all that!!! I have no idea what I said!

stockISH ftw! :)

I know what people are saying. There are some tired looking Supras out there but they do not take much to get them modernised. I have always loved the facelift look compared to the original. The wheels and OEM skirts also make a big difference.

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/8708/garage6.jpg

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8628/garage2k.jpg

This is the look I personally prefer. The moment I think it looks dated then I will be putting her up for sale..!!

H.