The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what`s wrong with Paul Whiffin???

Japedaier

Sorry,...that must be...

I have Paul ask in the middle of the last year about Top Secret style sideskirts.

His answer was...

I will have some in about 2 - 3 weeks approx. £250 + VAT and delivery.

In the end of the last year, I would buy it.

Then he mean it was a mistake,... 329 gbp + delivery.

But the best is...he wants 470 including delivery for a pair replica sideskirts :complain:

Then he has reduce the price to aprox 450 gbp:rolleyes:

But i have me informed...delivery for a pair of Sideskirts cost max. 45 gbp.

For example ep racing takes 70 gbp for a whole bodykit shipping to germany.

I offered him 329 gbp + 45 gbp = 374 gbp but he refused :banghead:

Is this the famous fine english art (a german proverb)???

His first offer was 250 gbp + VAT + delivery = 337,50 gbp

And now he wants nearly the half more... :badmood:

Very worse dealer :tongue:

Could be all sorts of things causing an increase. Shipping costs have increased significantly over here due to rising fuel costs, which also affects manufacturing costs, along with the price of living. Also, the exchange rate has been up and down alot.

My experience with Whifbitz has always been fantastic, I think you'd be hard pushed to find anyone on here with a bad word to say about them.

Paul is a great trader but you cant win them all as they say. I got the BC racing coilovers at a bargain price, and a few months later he was offering them cheaper!! but he quoted me £50 quid for a set of 4 Jspec caliper springs even though Paul Manley was doing them at less than £10. Swings and roundabouts at the end of the day he is a trader and operates a business and hence needs to make a profit. Some deals he does very well others not so much. As people have stated he would have made a mistake with the delivery he is only human after all.

Actually you are wrong, Paul is definatly one of the best traders. I don't see the problem here if you don't like the price then don't buy them, if Paul does not receive them already packaged he will need to parcel them up. There is a difference between post and packing and post. Have you thought that maybe he meant £250 per skirt???? Don't take offence but your english is not perfect (although 100% better than my German)

i had some electrical work done there and the service was top shelf. he even got me a set of radio brackets from a car he was breaking. dont know were mine went must still be in japan.

we have had fuel and vat raised this month and all are adjusting prices when it comes to delivery charges. he may of made a mistake which he told you about so fair enough.

as you can see by the posts paul whiffen is a respected trader, as was suggested by paul in the above post try your own courier. but if you dont have a business account with large overseas orders your not going to get much cheaper.

I have bought quite a few things off things Paul,

I have allways found his prices to be very good and he is always willing to "look" at prices if he is out on something. Ok some things he is a little expensive on but you have to remember that the guy knows the Supra inside and out, i would rather pay a bit more and know that the advice/service i am getting is from someone who races the Supra for a living.

Delivery costs are out of Pauls control anyway, blame the fuel prices and increased VAT.

About VAT, please do not insult our intelligence, this VAT rise means that you pay around 3 pence more per 1 pound, so if you buy part worth 1000 pounds before changes, you will pay 1030 pounds right now.

@OP

I'm pretty sure, there are more traders selling equipment you want, just shop around.