The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lowest single turbo set up

ace67

Yeah I got that from the part where he called it a heat shield... can't see why you'd need the turbo mounted so low for that though, unless you were cutting it around the manifold runners and separating the turbo from the block?

Or hiding it from your insurance company :D

Hehe good guesses all of them the heatshield is actually for hideing the turbos since we have inspections every year and we arent allowed to change the cars much.

I would like to have the single install a little bit more stealth looking to confuse the gov. inspectors/police :-).

Hehe good guesses all of them the heatshield is actually for hideing the turbos since we have inspections every year and we arent allowed to change the cars much.

I would like to have the single install a little bit more stealth looking to confuse the gov. inspectors/police :-).

There is a member who has already done this who i think lives in sweden also. He managed to use the stock twin heat shield to cover the turbo and would look very convincing to someone who is not a 2jz fan.

Do you happen to remember his name ?

There is a member who has already done this who i think lives in sweden also. He managed to use the stock twin heat shield to cover the turbo and would look very convincing to someone who is not a 2jz fan.

I wouldnt have thought that. Its more for un-modified. Ie still retains the twin turbo setup

Ah ok, I understood that he wanted them to think it wasn't turbocharged from the post, but I guess you're right.

Cool, I see it :)