The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scott M's Supra Build Thread

Scott

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Scott nice work, what alarm is it you have and where is the wire your not sure about laying?

Hi Matt,

It's a Clifford 650 MK1. Unfortunately a few people have had their hands on the install and it has a few additional bits (clifford intellistart IV wired in also) so I'm not really sure how is best to describe it to you. I have 2 or 3 control boxes behind the stereo with the odd fuse, and a stack of fuses just down from the battery terminal.

Before I started it was in the engine bay, likely either going to the positive or negative on the battery. I'm unsure of how to figure out which though, without potentially blowing something. If I check the voltage across the wire and the posts of the battery, do you think it's safe to assume if there's a difference of 12v(ish) that that is the correct terminal for me to connect to?

I'll get a proper look at it tomorrow and see where it goes.

Hi Matt,

It's a Clifford 650 MK1. Unfortunately a few people have had their hands on the install and it has a few additional bits (clifford intellistart IV wired in also) so I'm not really sure how is best to describe it to you. I have 2 or 3 control boxes behind the stereo with the odd fuse, and a stack of fuses just down from the battery terminal.

Before I started it was in the engine bay, likely either going to the positive or negative on the battery. I'm unsure of how to figure out which though, without potentially blowing something. If I check the voltage across the wire and the posts of the battery, do you think it's safe to assume if there's a difference of 12v(ish) that that is the correct terminal for me to connect to?

I'll get a proper look at it tomorrow and see where it goes.

In that case mate I may be able to help as I have the same alarm I think you will find it goes to the number 6 injector, for the immobiliser [emoji6]

Edited by supra matt (see edit history)

In that case mate I may be able to help as I have the same alarm I think you will find it goes to the number 6 injector, for the immobiliser [emoji6]

I've posted up some pics and info here Matt. Could you have a look? You might well be right by the way I think there was a weird connection to an injector previously. If it is the wire you mention, does it just splice into the injector wire?

Cheers

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?318851-Help-with-Clifford-650-MK1-Alarm-Wiring

Tidied up my redline module wiring tonight. It was a bit of a mess so a little tidy with some plugs and a bit of wire protection/shrink wrap was in order. Pretty happy with it now, should keep it all safe :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=197302&stc=1&d=1423957964

Plans for tomorrow are to get the wire from my alarm fitted to the injector and see if that sorts out the remote start issue (It's a minor one but I'm committed now lol).

2015-02-14 23.45.31.jpg

Got a decent run today. Sorted out the 1 off wire that was hanging. It was indeed the injector wire. Soldered it in, tried the remote start and voila, working like a charm. With that all sorted I finished off the drivers side wheel arch, all back in place and looking tidy.

Next on the list is to get the passenger side finished. I need to find a way of mounting the alternator wire safely and then I'll be able to put the wheel arch cover back on and it'll be done.

I also put the front indicators into the bumper and sorted out a bit more wiring. To get the car on the road now the list is as follows:

Alternator cable tidied up.

Wheel arch covers on

Brakes bled

wheels on

Lights in and wired up.

Bonnet back on.

T-Piece for the boost gauge to get that working.

Take it off the axle stands

Can't believe how close I am now :)

The battery arrived today so I decided it was time for me to finish off the passenger side of the car.

The inner arch is now all fully fitted back where it is, I've fitted the new battery and I've then tidied all the wiring for the headlights.

HID slim ballast with the newly tidied wiring and plugs.

attachment.php?attachmentid=197486&stc=1&d=1424225984

Battery in, secured and connected.

attachment.php?attachmentid=197487&stc=1&d=1424225984

Headlight test fit.

attachment.php?attachmentid=197488&stc=1&d=1424225984

General view of how she stands now

attachment.php?attachmentid=197489&stc=1&d=1424225984

Headlight tested and working exactly as it should.

attachment.php?attachmentid=197490&stc=1&d=1424225984

attachment.php?attachmentid=197491&stc=1&d=1424225984

The only slight downer is the fact that the other HID ballast is not working. It's a brand new kit but I bought it years ago as part of a group buy on here so I've got no comeback. I'm off to ebay now to see if I can find a matching set as I've already mounted one :D

2015-02-18 01.53.21.jpg

2015-02-18 01.26.45.jpg

2015-02-18 01.26.37.jpg

2015-02-18 01.26.57.jpg

2015-02-18 01.56.46.jpg

2015-02-18 01.58.10.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Passenger wheel well - Done

Alternator cable tidy - Done

Passenger headlight cable tidy - Done

Passenger headlight fitted and tested - Done

Headlights finalised with new ballasts - Done

Suspension all checked, re-torqued and re-checked again - Done

Bonnet fitted - Done

Boost gauge sorted - Done

To do before she drives:

Bleed the brakes

Paint the dust shields (Hammerite)

Fit the wheels

Sort out the rev counter (Still not working, not investigated properly yet)

Refit all interior panels

Fit strut brace

Check all subframe bolts

To do before she is finished:

All of the above

Rear tyres changed

Clutch fitted

Boost map

attachment.php?attachmentid=198076&stc=1&d=1425134454

2015-02-28 14.22.46.jpg