The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scott M's Supra Build Thread

Scott

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You taking it down or arranging him to meet you somewhere for Dyno time?

Just getting a remote map for now to make the fuelling OK for the trip down. Will just arrange it with Ryan for when a time suits to travel down with an overnight etc.

Might be worth a shot then. I'll see what he says. The reason for the initial map is just to make sure it's all running right before I fully put it back together. Once I'm given the go ahead I'll get it onto its wheels again and see what my options are for mapping :)

This thread wont be the same with you having a functioning car.... I'm trying to remember if all the time I've been on this forum, if you've ever had your car in use :D

He's a long standing tradition on this forum to own Supras that just sit around and gather dust. Ask Rob Sheffield, Homer, Lee P, Paul Whiffin and MarcP :D I would also include SupraAyf, but by the look of his old red TT auto, he keeps them in a hermetically sealed chamber. :D

Got a clean bill of health from Ryan and he's got me a basic road map to get me off and moving.

Now just need to start working through my todo list:

Wire sensors and configure Syvecs Done and checked by Ryan. Small issue with oil temp sensor but otherwise OK.

Disassemble FPR, re-build using loctite. Done. Seems to be holding well. Will give it a thorough check before going on the road.

Trace Tacho Error - Trying to buy/borrow a set of facelift clocks to trace the error. Seems to be tacho side as Ryan checked the settings and it's OK.

Get exhaust cut and new flange welded on - This shouldn't be too much hassle. Hopefully get it sorted soon.

Figure out open wire for the alarm (No idea what it's for) - I'm thinking of just blanking this off for now. I've no idea what it's for and the alarm seems to be working.

Fit bumper, lights, strut brace, etc, etc ,etc. - I can do this in less than a shift so this will be at the end of the process

Bleed Brakes - As above

Get wider tyres put on the wheels - This can be done anytime. 265s are fine for now.

Get alignment done - I changed the whole front with new camber adjustment bolts etc. Need to get this done if I want my tyres to last, regardless of power.

Fit Clutch - This will be the really fun part. Leaving this to the death as I want everything else clear before I do this. I'll have the car on the road before tackling this.

Get car mapped - I'm fairly confident Ryan will be able to do his thing remotely. This would be a massive bonus.

Enjoy - It's been a while. Not sure if I know how to do this!

Started to tidy the engine bay up again. I also fitted the line lock kit that I had lying around.

I believe I'm finished in the drivers side arch so I'm going to start putting the liner in next. I'll need to have a look at the passenger side though as I still have a wire from the alarm system that I have no idea where it's meant to go.

I've ordered yet ANOTHER red top battery. These things absolutely hate being deep cycled, especially in the winter.

attachment.php?attachmentid=197006&stc=1&d=1423506446

attachment.php?attachmentid=197007&stc=1&d=1423506446

I also split the HKS exhaust so that I can see about getting the flange welded on. This is really a fantastic exhaust, springs holding on the back box and it's all a wonderful fit. I think I'll be using this over the boost logic to be honest. I have the bung etc for the HKS so it might mean I'll be able to use it in the early mornings if I'm careful.

Offering it up to the full size flange.

attachment.php?attachmentid=197008&stc=1&d=1423506707

2015-02-09 17.10.57.jpg

2015-02-09 17.11.05.jpg

2015-02-09 17.53.58.jpg

Rather than waiting a year to get welding done, like I did last time, I decided to get the finger out and get it done right away.

attachment.php?attachmentid=197056&stc=1&d=1423597653

So with that done there was no time like the present to get the exhaust on. It wasn't quite straight forward, few seized bolts, couple snapped, etc. I'll say this though, what a fantastic exhaust the HKS Ti is. It just absolutely oozes quality and the fitment and fitment kit is absolutely spot on. If it wasn't for the crap bolts I would have had it on in absolutely no time.

Anyway, job is now done. I also hooked up the screamer return pipe into the second decat. I want to leave it as quiet as possible for now. Will have a play with it later though :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=197057&stc=1&d=1423597653

attachment.php?attachmentid=197058&stc=1&d=1423597653

2015-02-10 16.24.29.jpg

2015-02-10 18.54.39.jpg

2015-02-10 18.54.48.jpg