The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scott M's Supra Build Thread

Scott

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be worth changing the rad cap to rule it out. Lean afrs on idle is quite common (I have no idea why), but it wouldn't hurt to have it adjusted. Just be mindful of mot emissions.

No rad cap on, so kinda ruled that out for now :D

Thankfully my MOT shouldn't be too much of a problem :innocent:

I suggested an MOT map to Ryan a few years back, I believe he does them now also.... that'll help going forward also :D

Good luck hope it works out :).

Ordered up all the replacement hoses for the back of the engine. It was an eye-watering payment but needs must....

87209-14800 - Rear Hose

87209-14810 - Rear Hose

87245-1B300 - Rear Hose

87248-14230 - Matrix to rear hose coupler

87248-14240 - Matrix to rear hose coupler

£210 delivered :blink:

Those hoses at the back are over £50 and over £80!!

Got the heater matrix also, £90 delivered (much more reasonable).

attachment.php?attachmentid=196364&stc=1&d=1421839140

2015-01-21 11.11.13.jpg

Edited by Scott (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I had the best day in a long time today, regarding the car anyway. I found yet another fault...... the bloody thermostat! Lesson learned with this one, even if the thermostat is brand new don't assume it's OK.

Drained the coolant, made sure the little hole was orientated correctly then fitted it all back together. Tried it again and it started overheating. I didn't think to check it's operation so for a bit of belt and braces I drained it all out again and checked the thermostat. Fully boiling water didn't budge it. I took it out and, once it cooled a bit, tried pushing it over with my fingers, it was pretty solid. I could get it to budge a tiny bit but not a lot.

Next was to re-fill the lot with no thermostat, this had it purring like a kitten and idling at a steady 87degC.

All that for a bloody thermostat. New one ordered. I don't know if it was just a faulty thermostat or whether it was how long it was sitting (around 3 years). Regardless, I won't be due a warranty claim anyway :D

I've got all the heater matrix stuff that I'll do as a matter of course, for now though I'm happy to leave it as is. It was the extreme excess pressure from the coolant in the block overheating that was pushing past the seals. Now that it's doing its job properly it should be fine.

Glad to hear this bud. I hope you get to finish it this summer with any luck.

It should be good to go by the summer mate. The only thing that's really going to hold me back now is swapping over the clutch. I'll need to take some deep breaths before attempting that one :D

To do list:

Wire sensors and configure Syvecs

Trace Tacho Error

Disassemble FPR, re-build using loctite.

Get exhaust cut and new flange welded on

Bleed Brakes

Figure out open wire for the alarm (No idea what it's for)

Fit Clutch

Fit bumper, lights, strut brace, etc, etc ,etc.

Get wider tyres put on the wheels

Get alignment done

Get car mapped

Enjoy