The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scott M's Supra Build Thread

Scott

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you not drill and tap a new thread ? to what ever bolt you have that almost fits, must admit i was shocked with the little nigly bits of a single build, fabricating a mid or down pipe is a pain sometimes

I could but I don't want to go down this route at the moment. I would be worried about swarf in the radiator and I believe the bolt either has to be alloy or plastic to stop it reacting with the alloy.

Hello mate if you pm me your address. I can send you a m10x 1mm pitch set screw its 25mm long or if any one nose the right size. I mite have that aswell. if its coming up as a weard size it may be UNF.

I ordered one up last week, should be here today/tomorrow going by the despatch notification. If it's no good then I'll need to concentrate on finding out what thread it is, if I get a hit I'll definitely keep you in mind. Thanks for the offer :thumbs:

Scott, I have a machinery handbook that could help with the thread dilemma. Get yer calipers oot and measure the inner minor width and see if you can get the pitch as well with a thread gauge (surely your work would have some?). :)

Scott, I have a machinery handbook that could help with the thread dilemma. Get yer calipers oot and measure the inner minor width and see if you can get the pitch as well with a thread gauge (surely your work would have some?). :)

To be honest I couldn't be bothered doing that lol. I've got a set of thread gauges here, somewhere, and I've got about half a dozen zeus books. Now that the finger has been extracted this is the route I will be going down if I don't get anywhere with the M10 bolt.

Cheers

Just have the drain plug welded up Scott. That's why I did. The plug that came with my ASI rad began to leak after a week of use. When I wantvto change my coolant I just take the bottom water pipe off.

I had that thought in mind too. I need to find an alloy welder to bead an intercooler pipe so might as well kill 2 birds with 1 stone :)

• 6 months later...
It's moved on quite a way from the last update, not really got anything to post up though :)

I know you was after the oil return so I expect it must be in the closing stages, best of luck with it though mate, make sure you double check things brfore you start as youbmay of missed little bits with the long time gaps

• 5 months later...

Well the battery still works, hooked it up and nothing went on fire. A good day overall :D

Also sorted out the air valve on the power steering pump.

http://www.mkivsuprastar.com/mkivsuprastar/Pics/SingleInstall/fb087bc30b362bb8896620655f0c06ca.jpg