The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scott M's Supra Build Thread

Scott

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This day has been a LONG time coming. I finally got my finger out and went and spent some time with my car. I have done next to nothing since last year so she was due a little loving. The only thing I have done since the last update was fit the FPR and Gauge. Tonight I went out for almost 3 hours, it took me about half an our to get my groove on but once I did I started getting somewhere.

Lower Runners, Injector rail and injectors test fitted.

Loom extended where required

Loom protected where possible (still routing things around)

Removed parts of the loom not required, TC, etc.

Sensors test fitted in sandwich plate

Oil Filter put in place (temp)

Loom for injectors routed and marked ready for chopping.

I also got a few more bits painted etc. I stripped re-painted the lower runners and gave the BOV, Manifold and Throttle body a fresh lick of paint. I'm also one front lower arm away from a fresh set of Wishbones. All painted, ready and waiting.

Front caliper re-furb is also complete. Stainless pistons, new seals and a paint refresh all done and ready to fit when required.

No pictures at the moment but will get some up soon of the updates.

Pics of the work...

Flowmeter Rivnutted in place and fuel lines loosely connected.

Lower runners fitted with fuel rail & Injectors

Loom partially in place and partially protected

Sandwich plate fitted with 4 sensors, oil filter put in place to protect/cover.

Wiring partially completed/hidden in inner wing.

Billet water elbow fitted

Intake manifold put into place to check wiring etc.

Throttle body custom fitted with HKS Super Racing BOV

Throttle body mounted in place for mock up.

attachment.php?attachmentid=146364&stc=1&d=1329494919

attachment.php?attachmentid=146365&stc=1&d=1329494919

attachment.php?attachmentid=146366&stc=1&d=1329494919

attachment.php?attachmentid=146367&stc=1&d=1329494919

attachment.php?attachmentid=146368&stc=1&d=1329494919

attachment.php?attachmentid=146369&stc=1&d=1329494919

attachment.php?attachmentid=146370&stc=1&d=1329494919

attachment.php?attachmentid=146371&stc=1&d=1329494919

attachment.php?attachmentid=146372&stc=1&d=1329494919

attachment.php?attachmentid=146373&stc=1&d=1329494919

IMG_8307-1400.jpg

IMG_8308-1400.jpg

IMG_8309-1400.jpg

IMG_8310-1400.jpg

IMG_8311-1400.jpg

IMG_8312-1400.jpg

IMG_8313-1400.jpg

IMG_8314-1400.jpg

IMG_8315-1400.jpg

IMG_8318-1400.jpg

I didn't get a great deal of time to spare today but with what I had I fitted -12an lines for the coolant (not sure if these will work or not) and I've soldered in the injector pigtails and almost got the loom finalised. Not a lot left to do on the loom to be honest, 2 more wires to extend then just a bit of securing and protection.

attachment.php?attachmentid=146436&stc=1&d=1329593048

attachment.php?attachmentid=146440&stc=1&d=1329593048

attachment.php?attachmentid=146437&stc=1&d=1329593048

attachment.php?attachmentid=146438&stc=1&d=1329593048

attachment.php?attachmentid=146439&stc=1&d=1329593048

IMG_8320.jpg

IMG_8321.jpg

IMG_8322.jpg

IMG_8323.jpg

IMG_8324.jpg

Is there any issue with having the injectors clocked round or do they need to be at 12 o clock? I'm just wondering if rotating them would effect the spray pattern?

No its fine, might be worth getting them cleaned though, been a while since they have been in a running engine.

I don't think it matters which way it flows mate, pretty sure as its just a little radiator, it can flow either way.

I wasn't sure, I know there's a valve on the inlet. I wasn't sure if it would effect its operation given the direction of flow.

looking well mate. :thumbs: you not thought about a nice plenum on the left? IMO it just finished off a nice build. :D

On the left? I'm not one for starting trends :D

I will do in the future, it'll be in the pipeline. The trouble is that in order to do it it's a battery re-location which means a new boot install.

Next step is a built engine, twin pump and tubby maxed. When I'm at that stage I'll sort out the intake and fit a new install :)

On the left? I'm not one for starting trends :D

I will do in the future, it'll be in the pipeline. The trouble is that in order to do it it's a battery re-location which means a new boot install.

Next step is a built engine, twin pump and tubby maxed. When I'm at that stage I'll sort out the intake and fit a new install :)

NO IDEA why i typed left? DOH!!!

Cool mate, will look the nuts when you go that route. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Got a new filter in today, that makes it 3 in total. Strange how I'm storing up in bits now, 3 filters, 2 exhausts, etc :D

I also fitted my little "Supra" plaque to the TB. I've had it sitting for years so thought now was as good a time as any.

attachment.php?attachmentid=148211&stc=1&d=1331685070

Plans for the near future are to send my rear lights to Heckler for the LED mod, wire in the oil sensors (2 temp & 2 pressure), finalise the Intake side, get the exhaust side bits welded (2 bungs & a turbo elbow). From there it will be ready to fully assemble and getting ready to fire.

It's funny, this is turning out to be the biggest pain. I'm struggling to find local welders that do stainless that aren't large companies, they are looking for a small fortune to do the smallest bit of welding :(

IMG_9077_1200.jpg

Coming on well Scott! :)

I use a small independent garage called 'Fast Fit' (01501 763186) in Addiewell (close to Livingston) for welding stuff - pretty sure they'll weld anything to anything, but only on certain evenings when they clear the workshop out of cars to do so. Have had them plate and weld sills up, weld in new stainless flex sections into stainless 3" exhausts etc.

The guy that runs it is called Josie, seems a top bloke and doesn't charge much - always fair with the pricing, I've always paid him cash in hand.

A bit of a trek for you but gives you an option at least.

Cheers,

Brian.

Coming on well Scott! :)

I use a small independent garage called 'Fast Fit' (01501 763186) in Addiewell (close to Livingston) for welding stuff - pretty sure they'll weld anything to anything, but only on certain evenings when they clear the workshop out of cars to do so. Have had them plate and weld sills up, weld in new stainless flex sections into stainless 3" exhausts etc.

The guy that runs it is called Josie, seems a top bloke and doesn't charge much - always fair with the pricing, I've always paid him cash in hand.

A bit of a trek for you but gives you an option at least.

Cheers,

Brian.

Thanks for the heads up Brian, I don't mind the trek so much so if it comes to it I'll definitely give them a call :)

I just had a little brainstorm. I took my Mondeo in to get a custom exhaust a month or so ago (full stainless). The guy in there was pretty good to talk to etc and I was telling him about my car (talkinga bout exhausts). I'm thinking I'll give him a call and see if he fancies a little bit of welding on the side :D

That's what the little OE pipe between them was for.

Ok, I have no idea what you are talking about though. Are you sure the TT has the same setup that you are referring to? I replaced copper and rubber with braided rubber, nothing else.