The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scott M's Supra Build Thread

Scott

Last time I checked Supras never had bleeders back there. Just a H piece where the hoses going to and from the matrix connect to although it does happen to be the highest point in the system but there's nothing special about it really.

As far as I can tell the only thing it does is stop the coolant pipes from sitting on top of a hot engine.

Edited by Kirk (see edit history)

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I checked Supras never had bleeders back there. Just a H piece where the hoses going to and from the matrix connect to although it does happen to be the highest point in the system but there's nothing special about it really.

As far as I can tell the only thing it does is stop the coolant pipes from sitting on top of a hot engine.

I know the rubber thing you're talking about, yeah I assumed it was to keep them seperated and away from the spark plug cover. Certainly nothing to do with "bleeding" though. Anything joining those pipes would allow the coolant to flow directly from one to the other, bypassing the matrix (not good).

Still no idea what Dave is on about, I'm only 2 questions in of 20, and I've gotten blood from a stone before, so the outlook is promising :D

I am still completely lost as to what you are talking about. The H piece I have in my head is a rubber clamp.

Are you referring to the N/A or the TT or both?

Please take some time to reply David as you are making absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. It's like an adjective gun is being randomly fired at my thread.

Just so that we are all singing from the same hymn sheet. The below picture is what I have replaced with braided hose. As I see it, there is nothing connecting these pipes together. Am I missing something glaringly obvious?

attachment.php?attachmentid=148252&stc=1&d=1331747614

Pipes.jpg

I am still completely lost as to what you are talking about. The H piece I have in my head is a rubber clamp.

Are you referring to the N/A or the TT or both?

Please take some time to reply David as you are making absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. It's like an adjective gun is being randomly fired at my thread.

Its NA specific. TT setup's are different in design.

Any issues with the welding I got done for ya Scotty, seems the hex was "a little" mangled when I got it ;)

It's spot on mate, exactly what I needed, cheers.

As for the hex, I'm not taking the blame for that... it was like that when I got it :D

Ok, so maybe it wasn't exactly like that but due to how mangled it was already I had to use some gentle persuasion :innocent:

Once I buff the edges and paint it black it'll be right as rain :p

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Sorry folks, only been coming on to reply to PMs lately. Car is pretty much as it was as I've done hee-haw lol. Will be getting the finger out soon though and it'll be full steam ahead :)

You need to get back on here more as for stupidity of reply's me and Robzski have covered that part quite well during your absence but during arguments we could do with some sarcasm that can be backed up by intelligence.... That is a epic fail/facepalm moment on my part if I try.

You need to get back on here more as for stupidity of reply's me and Robzski have covered that part quite well during your absence but during arguments we could do with some sarcasm that can be backed up by intelligence.... That is a epic fail/facepalm moment on my part if I try.

I'm actually spending most of my time with tibetan monks to try and combat this part of my personality so that I might be able to, one day, come back. Here-in lies the dilemma though, apparently it's this part of me that most people seem to enjoy but the button pushers seem to hate :D

I've got 23L of Tibetan Monk Juice, think I'll meditate on it.