The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2003 Nissan 350GT Skyline

Hassan

Good luck with the sale, unfortunately these are just not shifting at the moment, due to being rather unusual and rare,

hopefully the profile of these cars will improve once people start to see Polo's 2JZ 350GT Falken drift car in this years British Drift championships.

You also may need to adjust the BHP rating as they produce 276 BHP exactly the same as the 350Z.

BHP rating is based on all my mods to the car. Its not oem. And thank you everyone for good comments on my car.

Sorry but there is no way you will ever get even 300BHP out of the VQ35DE, not matter what the mods, and the HR version only gets 315BHP, and the 350GT doesn't come with that motor.

There are 100s off VQ35DE motors running 300+bhp with good mods. Just search google. Lots of dyno sheets to back up the claims. Plus speak to Abbey motorsports and they shall also tell you these motors respond quite good to mods. They can also remap them now with a good power gain. Ive got DC Headers on it, racing 200cell cats, nismo exhaust, custom intake, motordyne plenum spacer, Which all do make a diffrence. You can also watch lots of videos on you tube with these mods and dyno runs proving they make a diffrence. So my BHP est is based on research into the products i bought for my car and what they should do. Plus watch this

and this
enjoy

I have talked with Mark at Abbey about the tuneabilty of the VQ35DE engine and he will be the first to agree that without running pretty aggressive cams and ITBs (thottle bodies) you cannot get over 300BHP,

And as for the 337WHP that is shown on the US videos, they use different calibration to any UK dyno, and to get that figure you would need to be making around 400BHP at the crank, which is in the realms of fantasy.

If you can show me just one genuine UK properly calibrated dyno sheet with over 300BHP from a VQ35DE engine i will concede it possible but until then I'm afraid not.

I know a number of people who run tuned/modified 350GTs and 350Zs and have tuned quite a few cars and motorcycles over the years, so i know what i,m talking about.

I would say that with your full free flow exhaust, induction kit+spacer and this with your high flow cats, provided its had an Uprev remap which is not mentioned in your add? would give you perhaps another 15-20BHP max, if its not had a remap then you would be lucky to see even 10BHP and may even be loosing power.

Well all these companies selling there mods for the VQ should stop. They claim some good numbers but if even after spending £100s i cant even make 10bhp then there is some thing wrong. No wonder i miss my supra 6speed. lol but its all good once this car is sold im buying a clk55 amg. And ive been told by Kleemann,evo sport and CKS that if i get headers,remap,pulley,free flow exhaust, sports filters that i should be making around 420 bhp but that must be BS aswell. So now im confused why mod your car??

Well all these companies selling there mods for the VQ should stop. They claim some good numbers but if even after spending £100s i cant even make 10bhp then there is some thing wrong. No wonder i miss my supra 6speed. lol but its all good once this car is sold im buying a clk55 amg. And ive been told by Kleemann,evo sport and CKS that if i get headers,remap,pulley,free flow exhaust, sports filters that i should be making around 420 bhp but that must be BS aswell. So now im confused why mod your car??

Stop being a smartass, you obviously know nothing about tuning N/A engine or you would know that tuning them is very hard won, and very expensive, ask some of the N/A guys here, all the big claims in adds you have seen will all be US ones;)

The CLK55 is supercharged and therefore easy to see big gains from just like your TT Supra.

I commented because i don't like seeing bullshit claims for BHP from a Vehicle that i know a lot about, being also an owner.

Shame as its a nice car, but anyone who knows them will immediately be wary of it because of the BHP bull.

However i wish you luck.:)

• 6 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.