The mkiv Supra Owners Club

VOSA Vehicle Recall Notices

Angarak

I was recently looking at the Vehicle Recalls section of the VOSA website to see what recalls had been made for the Mazda 6 between January 2004 to present.

Within the results I found a recall notice that applied to my old mans Mazda 6 based on the Vehicle ID. Upon contacting the nearest Mazda dealer regarding it, my old man was told that this recall notice was an American recall and did not apply to UK vehicles.

I was under the impression the Vehicle Recalls listed on the VOSA website would only apply to UK vehicles, so Im not sure if the Mazda dealer was fobbing my old man off.

Was anyone else under the same impression that the VOSA website would only list UK related recalls?

I wouldn't be surprised if the guy was fobbing him off. They are useless and are trying to keep the problems with the Mazda 6 and the DPF system as quiet as possible. Although a search of the internets will uncover masses of 2.0D Mazda 6's with serious engine problems and repeated replcing of injectors.

We'll never have a Mazda again.

H.

Didnt get a chance to phone VOSA today so will try them on Monday.

I have heard about the DPF issue on the newer Mazda 6's, thankfully he doesnt have that issue (*touch wood*), he did just put his wallet on a £170+ diet though to replace a suction control valve that regulates the diesel fuel pressure, prior to replacing this the car would stall when dipping the clutch to slow down for junctions/roundabouts which would leave you without power steering and virtually no brakes, it was then hard to restart. I nearly had an accident in it when trying to pull out of a busy junction only for the bugger to stall on me!