The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nostalgia thread!

marcAB10

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Frosty:- (I always wanted one but had to settle for using my friend's one)

[ATTACH]125302[/ATTACH]

HA! I always wanted one of these too, always asked for it at Christmas... Then about 2 years ago my dad was sorting out some stuff under the floor boards of there house (kinda a basement.. But only about 5 feet from ground to 'ceiling', there's heaps of junk under there from over the years) when what did he come across.. A Mr Frosty!!! Turns out my mum DID actually buy me it all those years ago, but it must have got lost under there when they were hiding our presents that year and she forgot.... Really brung a big smile to my face, and I even made myself a slushy to celebrate my new/old gift. :D

Micronauts.

I had loads of these and loved creating all kinds of crazy things with them.

Cyborg, Mutant & Android.

Loved these, too, especially the Mutant which had a clear purple head and body so you could see all the internal organs - ace. Plus they had loads of cool accessories.

http://www.fast-autos.net/diecast-cars-models/diecast-car-image-large/denys-fisher-cyborg-vintage-henshin_320614412575.jpgimage

2000AD comics

Star Bird and the accompanying star base.

http://www.bugeyedmonster.com/toys/starbird/

I have fond memories of that, too.

It was the Purple People Eater game. Can't remember how to play it but my brother used to wear the thing as a hat!

It was a variation on Operation - you had to use tweezers to remove the people from it's mouth without touching the sides otherwise it's tongue would snap up and an eye would light up.

I also had more fun using it as a mask :)

I'm trying to find some thing from my child hood, the problem is I can not for the life of me remember what they were called?

They where a yellow A4 size bag

you could buy them for like 50p

they had activity sheets in them sweets and a toy

and if I remember correctly the carton character on the bag was a Bee!

Google is not helping me :(

I'm trying to find some thing from my child hood, the problem is I can not for the life of me remember what they were called?

In south Africa they were called lucky packets but I think they were lucky bags or jamboree bags here...

We just called those lucky bags :D

I have been trying to attach the images but not having much success :rolleyes:

A few I remember from my childhood:

Help Help its the Hair Bear Bunch

Topcat

Yogi Bear and BoBo

Fingerbobs

Mr Ben

Bagpuss

Noel Edmonds - Swap Shop and Tiswas - Saturday morning shows

Mary, Mungo and Midge

Camberwell Green

And a few others that have already been mentioned in particular Worzel Gummidge

Just remembered another one I was talking about recently - Kung Fu - the TV series again on a Saturday, when the guy travels around various small US towns - anyone else watch this?

Sorry last one The Fonz - again on a Saturday late pm just after or before the football results! - I am guessing alot of you guys remember watching the football results being typed across the screen as they came in lol - League Division 1 etc back in them days

This might actually be the thread to ask in. My Wife thinks I'm making this up but I remember it as a kid.

There was a Saturday morning show, it was on ITV (STV here) and called something like the "Ghost Train". Clearly it involved a big old fashioned black train whistling through the hills. It was one of those "Alive and Kicking" shows where it has presenters and the shows are then put on within the "Ghost Train" show.

Anyone any idea what the hell I'm on about?

As a side note I found these entertainment shows very annoying. You couldn't look at the paper and know what time your favourite shows were on so you had to sit and listen to all the dross that they wanted to spoon feed you before sticking on the cartoon or show you have been waiting all morning on.

Also, anyone remember the Chart Show? Used to screen on a Saturday morning on ITV/STV after whatever morning kids show was on at that particular time. Was pretty good as it would show you all the music videos for the charts at the time. Granted I think it was only a few seconds of each video, with the no.1 being shown in full, but it was good none the less.

It was Ghost Train...

http://www.paulmorris.co.uk/satkids/ghosttrain.htm

"Frances has inherited the Ghost Train. With the help of her mates Paul and Sabra she sneaks it from the grasp of the evil Barry Mafia and makes her escape. Inside is a startled Gerard, the aliens' favourite broadcaster. They are afraid, very afraid, for Barry Mafia is after them."

The 'Barry Mafia', that made me laugh, it's sounds like some kind of Halfords enforcement squad or something. :)

It was Ghost Train...

http://www.paulmorris.co.uk/satkids/ghosttrain.htm

The 'Barry Mafia', that made me laugh, it's sounds like some kind of Halfords enforcement squad or something. :)

Woohooo, I'm not mental!!

I can't remember anything about it to be honest. I remember thinking it was crap and briskly switching between STV and BBC1 waiting on the next decent show or cartoon to start lol.

Heres one for the sweaty socks out there. From my Scottish upbringing there used to be a guy on TV called Glen Campbell. Im sure that was his name, he had a sidekick in the form of a lamp called Palladin. He did a live show in the village I lived in once and I won some toyz and stuff lol. Talking very early 80s here, anyone have any ideas?