The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stainless steel UK brake caliper pin kits.

Chris Wilson

I have been meaning to do these for months, but here they are now. If you have even suffered just one corroded solid plain steel brake pad retaining pin on a UK spec caliper I don't need to tell you you what a nightmare they can be. I have seen calipers totally ruined by ham fisted attempts to remove a stuck plain steel (stock) pin. Do not understimate what a job getting one out properly can be, I take the caliper off altogether and bolt it to a fixture on the milling machine to drill them out centrally. Doing this "free hand" can lead to all manner of nasties. You can *ugger about for hours trying to remove seized pins, then you still need to source replacement ones once you get the things out. By using an austenitic stainless steel pin the problem of pin corrosion is eliminated and the pain of trying to remove seized fasteners should then be over for good. I am initially selling these hand made stainless pins as car kits, for front and rear UK calipers, at £38 plus VAT a set. Insured P&P to UK mainland addresses is £4.80 plus VAT. In a short while I hope to be able to sell pins for just front or rear calipers. Made by hand, each pin is checked for size and fit to ensure a perfect job and a hassle free installation. They are a direct replacement for the stock mild steel pins. I can take cheque, bank transfer or Paypal plus 4%, but I cannot accept debit or credit cards, sorry. Please e-mail your interest, Thanks. Don't forget my well known fast road pads, now available in a far bigger range taking in not only J-Spec and UK spec Supra calipers, but many other makes and models of cars, too, plus some pads for the likes of AP six pot and other after market calipers. I also do full race pads.

If you have the original pins make sure you clean the caliper hole out and put plenty of copper grease on the pins, this way they will never seize.

How does that help chris`s sale?, the stainless pins are good upgrade, each time ive taken my pins out they are bent like a banana, which allows the pads to move too much, i`ll take a set chris, i`ll give you a call when i`m next over telford way.

If you have the original pins make sure you clean the caliper hole out and put plenty of copper grease on the pins, this way they will never seize.

How does that help chris`s sale?, the stainless pins are good upgrade, each time ive taken my pins out they are bent like a banana, which allows the pads to move too much, i`ll take a set chris, i`ll give you a call when i`m next over telford way.

Consider that a slap from your big brother:D

Sounds good Chris :thumbs:

I'll consider UK brakes now I know these are available, as I have first hand experience of how bad the stock pins can be :D

To anyone who has not had to change their brake pads before, this is a well worth while upgrade. Removing the stock ones can be amongst the worst jobs to do on a Supra. (I'd say even worse than removing the stock twins)

Yes, that's for a full set, if Paypal is the method of payment please add the 4% fee though. I will PM all payment options, a bank transfer will save you a bit :) Thanks.

Bank transfer is fine for me. I have to weigh these against Paul W's, which are cheaper but not SS.

You have my email address so use that for payment details please

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.