The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Why does a Nissan Skyline R34 cost almost as much as a GTR 35?

Brazil

Cheap ones in Japan can be had for £15k now, won't be long until the £10k barrier is breached IMO. I think i'd rather have a £40k R32/R33/R34 than a £40k R35 though.

Slightly off topic, but I met a guy the other day who bought an R33 GTR for £4k! Needed a bit of bodywork and interior tidying, but mechanically it seemed spot on.

you may have to ask jurgen but, i believe there was never a model report made for an r34 gtr. untill i think it was newera had one wrote up, but it did cost a fortune a couple of years ago. around £5k iirc. you need a model report to sva a car, you need an sva to register a car in the uk(under 10 years old), probably why they still cost a bit!

so a 2000 or earlier model is the way forward for sure.

Can anybody tell me why does a 1999 Nissan Skyline R34 cost almost as much as 2008 GTR-35?

Below R34 for 34k

http://pistonheads.com/sales/2355780.htm

Below GTR for 38k

http://pistonheads.com/sales/2337599.htm

they reason they are close is, the R34 is a desirable v-spec in mint condition vs a bottom range spec R35 GTR.

some R34 GTRS in japan cost more than the R35.

they reason they are close is, the R34 is a desirable v-spec in mint condition vs a bottom range spec R35 GTR.

some R34 GTRS in japan cost more than the R35.

How much would a mint 1999 factory TRD kitted Supra go for? Even a 2002 model wouldn't go for anything like that kind of money I shouldn't think, yet the TRD Supra would be a lot rarer.

How much would a mint 1999 factory TRD kitted Supra go for? Even a 2002 model wouldn't go for anything like that kind of money I shouldn't think, yet the TRD Supra would be a lot rarer.

If such a car exists, I reckon you'd be looking at around £30k. Stock, Low mileage 2002 models go for almost £30k.