The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Liverpool going down

hogmaw

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm no Liverpool fan (far from it), but I cannot see them going down this season. In saying that, at the beginning of the season I would never have thought Blackpool would have done so well and Villa so poorly. As Mr. Greaves used to say, "It's a funny old game"

Ha says it all really

On a serious note - why do Liverpool fans think they've a devine right to success? "King" Kenny, as you call him has only succeded with an inherited squad from Joe Fagan, then lost it. He had an unlimited budget at Blackburn, then ruined Newcastle and Chelsea. I hope you get Rafa back. I REALLY do.

Thats a bit low johnny :no:

Tell that to the poor victims mate. 2 of whom I went to school with.

EDIT: I'll also add that a few other mates of mine went to Athens and they were disgusted with the actions of their fellow Liverpool fans, who not learned a thing since the Hillsborough tradgedy.

On a serious note - why do Liverpool fans think they've a devine right to success? "King" Kenny, as you call him has only succeded with an inherited squad from Joe Fagan, then lost it. He had an unlimited budget at Blackburn, then ruined Newcastle and Chelsea. I hope you get Rafa back. I REALLY do.

On a serious note? So after your flippant digs about football tragedies you want to get serious? No team has a divine right to success but if you get used to it then you expect it. If a club has historically done well then it's strange when you're not at the top. Obviously pre 60's, i doubt anyone felt Liverpool had a right to success. I wouldn't know as I wasn't alive. It's not just Liverpool fans who do that either though - heard plenty of Newcastle fans up here on about how Newcastle "should be a top 4 club". Based on worldwide "support" if you can call it that and global recognition then Liverpool are still up there and people expect them to do well, it's not a right to do well though. Loads of fans, Liverpool included, may well think it's a right but it's not.

Kenny as a manager isn't the God-like saviour people are expecting, anyone is gonna struggle with out team at the minute. Roy is a good manager but he made a lot of blunders with approaches. Doesn't make him a bad manager but he wasn't taking the team forwards, going backwards if anything. Agreed about Dalglish in the 80s and his Blackburn days, he flopped at Newcastle and Celtic - don't remember him managing Chelsea, must be an uncle Kelvin story again

Tell that to the poor victims mate. 2 of whom I went to school with.

EDIT: I'll also add that a few other mates of mine went to Athens and they were disgusted with the actions of their fellow Liverpool fans, who not learned a thing since the Hillsborough tradgedy.

And here so be careful with comments about Hillsborough

On a serious note? So after your flippant digs about football tragedies you want to get serious? No team has a divine right to success but if you get used to it then you expect it. If a club has historically done well then it's strange when you're not at the top. Obviously pre 60's, i doubt anyone felt Liverpool had a right to success. I wouldn't know as I wasn't alive. It's not just Liverpool fans who do that either though - heard plenty of Newcastle fans up here on about how Newcastle "should be a top 4 club". Based on worldwide "support" if you can call it that and global recognition then Liverpool are still up there and people expect them to do well, it's not a right to do well though. Loads of fans, Liverpool included, may well think it's a right but it's not.

Kenny as a manager isn't the God-like saviour people are expecting, anyone is gonna struggle with out team at the minute. Roy is a good manager but he made a lot of blunders with approaches. Doesn't make him a bad manager but he wasn't taking the team forwards, going backwards if anything. Agreed about Dalglish in the 80s and his Blackburn days, he flopped at Newcastle and Celtic - don't remember him managing Chelsea, must be an uncle Kelvin story again

I meant Celtic - talking to someone about Chelsea, doh

Is it crap though? Really? They were out of order with Hillsborough, but with Athens, no, they were right IMO.

Your opinion which you're entitled to. Nothing wrong in being blunt either, but to be equally blunt, comments about Hillsbrough and the like don't go down well as you know so i'm gonna stop reading this thread before I get in bother.