Liverpool going down

hogmaw

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.......

How the hell this mass loss of life was dragged into this is quite frankly disgusting.

Best lock this one before someone gets banned,

Hmmm. Why would someone get banned about an emotive and frank topic? Nothing personal has been said (or will be) and it's discussion of opinions/beliefs.

hmmm not liking how this thread has gone from liverpool going down to hillsborough and the like.... but in my opinion most liverpool fans live outside of liverpool as they were more succesful and managed to move out of the city to a better place, whilst the toffees have lower expectations in life and are happy to just be :D

as for them going down this season, i doubt it very much but i'll have a fivers bet with you if it makes you any happier

kenny is a quitter and if he loved the club then he would never have left in the first place. he cant handle the pressure and 20 years on with fergie taking full advantage of his absence, he just aint got the iron fist required to bring the egos in football in check. personally, i would go for someone with a bit of premiership experience such as martin o'neill..... rebuilding the team wont be an overnight thing, it will take a good few seasons as there are a lot of things that need to change at the club

I couldnt disagree more about hodgeson mate.IMO he would have restored Liverpool to past glory.given time and funds it would have happened.his peers all know what a great manager he is.when you get arsene wenger, alex ferguson and whole host of other great managers come out and criticise his sacking you know your board has made a big mistake. However that's modern day football, fans with unrealistic expectations and big money takeovers that don't invest in the team.

Did you forget hodgeson took fulham to the Europa cup final? Not an easy feat surely?

If Liverpool want to be great again they need 3 things-

Cash injection into the squad

A new stadium

And most importantly, stability in a manager

Do you really want me to list the past winners of that award?

Roy has done NOTHING at any club of any note.

Inter, he finished 7th and 3rd and was sacked.

Blackburn, finished 6th and was sacked a year later with blackburn being BOTTOM.

Udinese fired after..............4 months

Viking, 7th and 3rd.

I wont continue but hes not a great manager he never was never will be. When he ends up somewhere else like villa you will see

Are you really Moderator now?...

Yes. Mods are allowed opinions? No?

I couldnt disagree more about hodgeson mate.IMO he would have restored Liverpool to past glory.given time and funds it would have happened.his peers all know what a great manager he is.when you get arsene wenger, alex ferguson and whole host of other great managers come out and criticise his sacking you know your board has made a big mistake. However that's modern day football, fans with unrealistic expectations and big money takeovers that don't invest in the team.

Did you forget hodgeson took fulham to the Europa cup final? Not an easy feat surely?

If Liverpool want to be great again they need 3 things-

Cash injection into the squad

A new stadium

And most importantly, stability in a manager

This. 100%.

He never gained the players' trust & confidence, and so they didn't play hard for him.

Well perhaps they should play hard for the fans who pay thousands to watch and support them, for their own personal pride and professionalism and for the bosses and owners who pay them extortionate amounts of money. If you pay a Director of a company £100K a year, you expect him (or her!!) to be utterly professional and at the pinnacle of their ability and to deliver results. If you pay a squad that size such huge amounts of money to do the same and then blame somebody else for their inability to deliver then you're missing the point. Players should stop acting like ridiculous prima donnas and either do their jobs or go back to serving fries.

Well perhaps they should play hard for the fans who pay thousands to watch and support them, for their own personal pride and professionalism and for the bosses and owners who pay them extortionate amounts of money. If you pay a Director of a company £100K a year, you expect him (or her!!) to be utterly professional and at the pinnacle of their ability and to deliver results. If you pay a squad that size such huge amounts of money to do the same and then blame somebody else for their inability to deliver then you're missing the point. Players should stop acting like ridiculous prima donnas and either do their jobs or go back to serving fries.

When a CB as average as Carragher gets £100k a WEEK, then it shows how f'd up Football is these days.

Ah well, not the return he would have hoped for.

Not being a lover of either team, I have to say I was disappointed in Dalglish's comments. I thought that the penalty decision was correct and for him to come out and say the sending off of Gerrard was a joke was a bit silly. He (Gerrard) lunged in with 2 feet off the ground. Everyone knows that as soon as you do that then you are inviting a red card - and he got one.

Rafale also did one of those horrible little jumping, 2 footed tackles and nobdy spotted that.

Yep, was that the one about 2 mins before the Fodless Wonder went in? He did pull out of it and Miereles dived around it. No place in football for tackles like those.

The problem is, whether he got the ball or not, as soon as you lunge in with 2 feet off the ground it is deemed to be dangerous and you should get a red card - which he did.

I didnt see the Carrick one but saw the Rafael one and thought he should have been punished too.

Christ did anyone watch the same gamne that I did?

Penalty - Never

Gerrard - Sent off and rightly so

Rafael - I'll look again but I didn't think his tackle was that bad. He jumped and put both his feet on the deck but was stood all the time. That isn't a two footed tackle per se. It's a method of not getting nutmegged at high speed. I have a friend who uses this as an effective way of winning the ball, not intent to even touch the player?

Spurs fan, couldn't give a shit about either team but I am surprised at some of the differing opinions in this thread. Football is wonderful for dividing opinions.

H.

Christ did anyone watch the same gamne that I did?

Penalty - Never

Gerrard - Sent off and rightly so

Rafael - I'll look again but I didn't think his tackle was that bad. He jumped and put both his feet on the deck but was stood all the time. That isn't a two footed tackle per se. It's a method of not getting nutmegged at high speed. I have a friend who uses this as an effective way of winning the ball, not intent to even touch the player?

Spurs fan, couldn't give a shit about either team but I am surprised at some of the differing opinions in this thread. Football is wonderful for dividing opinions.

H.

See, I think it was a pen - just because there was light contact doesn't mean it wasn't a foul - would it have been give outside the box? Yes, I think it would. So, by that, should it not be a penalty?

As for the rest, challenges whether on the ground, in the air, upright or horiztonal, that are two footed, in my opinion have no place on a football field.

See, I think it was a pen - just because there was light contact doesn't mean it wasn't a foul - would it have been give outside the box? Yes, I think it would. So, by that, should it not be a penalty?

As for the rest, challenges whether on the ground, in the air, upright or horiztonal, that are two footed, in my opinion have no place on a football field.

Have you ever played the game Johnny? These incidents look a lot worse when slowed down on a replay as it looks as if the player has time to decide what to do with his feet, it all happens much quicker than that. I remember once being accused of deliberately trying to break a players leg? Couldn't have been further from the truth, the player was just way too quick for me, one second the ball was there, next my foot was half way up his shin as he ran past. That accusal made me jack in 11 a side..as I couldn't be arsed with the hypocrisy that goes on week in week out.

As for Berbatov, he dived..!! If he had been on the half way line he would have felt he faintest of touches and carried on, in the box he decided to love the grass. That is a dive by a player that I admire massively. Diving has now become acceptable, the ref should have waved it away and had some bottle. We will add it to the numerous dubious decisions that have taken place at Old Trafford.

H.

Have you ever played the game Johnny? These incidents look a lot worse when slowed down on a replay as it looks as if the player has time to decide what to do with his feet, it all happens much quicker than that. I remember once being accused of deliberately trying to break a players leg? Couldn't have been further from the truth, the player was just way too quick for me, one second the ball was there, next my foot was half way up his shin as he ran past. That accusal made me jack in 11 a side..as I couldn't be arsed with the hypocrisy that goes on week in week out.

As for Berbatov, he dived..!! If he had been on the half way line he would have felt he faintest of touches and carried on, in the box he decided to love the grass. That is a dive by a player that I admire massively. Diving has now become acceptable, the ref should have waved it away and had some bottle. We will add it to the numerous dubious decisions that have taken place at Old Trafford.

H.

Yes mate, I played for Liverpool boys from 8-13 and my Uncle has a League Championship medal for Everton in 62/63 and 69/70 and his son (my cousin) played for Everton, Wolves and Tranmere, making just under 500 appearances. I watch all the matches with them.

H , are you saying that the Gerrard tackle was not a red card?

Did you read my previous post? I am saying that Gerrards was a red but Rafael's wasn't. Johnny is agreeing with you that it was dangerous...!! I have only seen it once and thought it was an acceptable challenge with no intention to even touch the player. I'll watch it again, maybe I'll change my mind.

H.

Yes mate, I played for Liverpool boys from 8-13 and my Uncle has a League Championship medal for Everton in 62/63 and 69/70 and his son (my cousin) played for Everton, Wolves and Tranmere, making just under 500 appearances. I watch all the matches with them.

Congrats...!!

But you still think a player as strong as Berbatov who is renowned for shielding a ball and having incredible balance had no choice but to go down in the box? That challenge wouldn't have brought down my 3 year old..!!

H.

Congrats...!!

But you still think a player as strong as Berbatov who is renowned for shielding a ball and having incredible balance had no choice but to go down in the box? That challenge wouldn't have brought down my 3 year old..!!

H.

But a foul is a foul - and I think there was contact there. Whether it was enough to actually bring him down, isn't the question, it's if there's a foul taking place. Moreover, it was a tackle that didn't need to be made, at that stage Berbatov would probably have played it off him for a corner.

But a foul is a foul - and I think there was contact there. Whether it was enough to actually bring him down, isn't the question, it's if there's a foul taking place. Moreover, it was a tackle that didn't need to be made, at that stage Berbatov would probably have played it off him for a corner.

True. Berbatov will go to bed tonight knowing that he dived, with a big grin on his face. Unfortunately, playing for a penalty is a big part of the game, on another day he would have got a yellow and the replays would have him banged to rights. There was contact but was it a foul? Not in a mans game..!!

H.