The mkiv Supra Owners Club

WWE Royal Rumble 2011 Predictions

toyotasupra1980

Its that time of year again, the road to wrestlemania starts at the Royal Rumble, just wondering who you think will be going to win the rumble and challange for either the WWE or World Heavyweight Title?

i have three picks:

John Morison (Reminds of shawn michaels)

Triple H

John Cena

Randy Orton was also a pick but he now faces The Miz for the WWE belt at royal rumble so thats out the window now, he should win the title tho.

i will agree with some of you guys, WWF/E kicked ass late 90's early 00's with stone cold, the rock,mick foley, i even miss the old WCW, all the hardcore tables ladders chairs matches and when blood was actually a factor it was proper enjoyable, but i do hate the watered down PG crap, but i have watched wrestling since the 80's when i was a kid, but the PPV's i love watching, always enjoyed the Royal Rumbles.

Funny isnt it, You tell someone you watch eastenders they say nothing, yet you watch wrestling and the look at you like your mad.

End of the day its a soap these days.

i have been to 2 live RAW events in Manchester, the Rebelion live ppv in 2000 at sheffield and the live smackdown event at birmigham, you would be suprised even people in there 80's go and are fans, and considering that WWE always sell out 20,000 - 80,000+ arenas all over the globe i could care less if few people look at me funny and they probably watched jerry springer,which i think is crap but its the same thing, scripted bullshit lol.

The most memorable matches I've seen haven't really been wrestling matches. But there were some brilliantly done triple threat matches with the old greats that I watched. Even the ones with the McMahnons in were great (Shane jumping off the titantron to elbow drop the Big Show! :D )

TLC matches with the Hardys, Edge, Christian and the Dudleys.

Boiler Room brawl with Mankind and Kane. Also Mankind and Big Show

Original Hell in a Cell.

Oh and I used to love the Hardcore title thing they did when it was 24/7 :D

Anything with the Undertaker is good - best wrestler of all time.

Would have been many more that I loved back in my early teens. Thing, is even then I found forward most matches.

Started in 2008, I think, and has basically stopped all the blood (IIRC a couple of fights got stopped as soon as blood appeared) and a lot of the OTT actions (furniture and other props being used.

Apparently the demographic had returned to being predominantly children, so McMahon toned down the events. TBH I prefer to see more 'proper' wrestling and athletic moves (Ray Mysterio is always good to watch) than some Tom & Jerry nonsense. A little bit is okay, but it really did get ridiculous for a time.