The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ferrari or Lambo?

ripped_fear

So my girlfriend has very kindly bought me a track experience for christmas after alot of hinting :D. I have the choice of choosing the following

-Ferrari 360

-Ferrari 355

-Lamborghini Galardo

-Audi R8

-Aston martin DB9

-Aston martin vantage

Now personally I have always been passionate about Ferraris and the 360 is up in my top 10 Ferrari's,

BUT I have also always been fond of the boldness of the Lamborghini and this has lead me to be unsure as to which car to pick to drive.

The problem is that all of my judgement comes down to spec sheets in which the Lambo wins and down to looks/style in which the Ferrari wins.

So basically I'm asking for some opinions based on people experiences of doing these track experiences before and which car is best, but even if you have not done one before your opinions are still welcome.

your lucky I only get to drive one but she paid no where near that so understandable really

At Everyman Racing (where I went) you could buy 4 laps in any car for like £55 so take some money with you if you want to drive more.

When I had my track day I found the lambo had a much better sound track :eyebrows:

The Gallardo was the only one with the roof down and it sounded so damn nice!

Edit: Also spectators can pay to drive whilst there so take some mates if they'd want to drive one. Or don't and get all the glory :D

I've driven all 3 of the below off the track, taken them on long weekends drives.

-Lamborghini Gallardo

-Audi R8

-Aston martin DB9

I'd go with the Audi R8 (If it is a manual or the V10 version), Gallardo is nice but I didn't find it soul stirring enough compared to the R8 and the likes of the Ferrari F430. Remember though you won't get to push it much round the track, so go with something which will sound tasty. :)

Thats what i was thinking and I have always been a fan of ferrari and the raw of their engines that another reason why I am having trouble between the two.

The R8 are lovely and have seen a few and sat in one and they just don't seem to have the passion of the italian super cars, although the last one i saw i heard it redline through the gears at it sounded great.

Thats what i was thinking and I have always been a fan of ferrari and the raw of their engines that another reason why I am having trouble between the two.

The R8 are lovely and have seen a few and sat in one and they just don't seem to have the passion of the italian super cars, although the last one i saw i heard it redline through the gears at it sounded great.

Trust me, my mates had to pull me out to get back in the Gallardo after I drove the R8 for a while, although it was a manual the box was brilliant, the noise was just something else and it handled really well! Felt more raw than the Gallardo to be honest.

If you have a thing about Ferrari's then go for the 360, they sound awesome.

Go for the F355 if you fancy your chances, never driven one but heard they are a great drive!

Thanks for the advice abz I will keep your advice in mind, and I probably wounldnt pick the 355 due to me being rather tall and not sure how well I will fit plus I prefer the 360 :D Even though the 355's are supposed to be amazing from what I have heard.

Suprab1 thanks I'm sure it will be great I mean fast cars, and a track, got to be good! unless I crash lol

Thanks for the advice abz I will keep your advice in mind, and I probably wounldnt pick the 355 due to me being rather tall and not sure how well I will fit plus I prefer the 360 :D Even though the 355's are supposed to be amazing from what I have heard.

Suprab1 thanks I'm sure it will be great I mean fast cars, and a track, got to be good! unless I crash lol

No worries dude, enjoy it! :thumbs:

I didn't take out the insurance when I did mine.

In the briefing, the guy said that someone had gone off the track the week before and hit a rock and caused £25,000 worth of damage underneath the 360. Apparently he took the insurance out so it was ok.

I suggest you take it out! :D

If you've always wanted to try the Ferrari, then don't pass up this chance despite what anyone thinks is the best car to drive. If you don't, you'll still always wonder if you'd have preferred the Ferrari over whatever else you might choose.

good point! plus it would make my dad jealous as hell, as its his dream so could be worth it just for that lol :D