The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just got back from Le mans :-)

scooby_doo_do

My god...Yet another year of it... After driving for pretty much the good part of 8 hours through the night and been up for 27 hours you could say that i'm tired :zzz:

Saw 2 supra's in total..(pics to follow)

Met up with a ferrari owner who was caught speeding doing 101kmph and at gunpoint they asked him for 750 euro's and his license. He's been told that he's band from driving ever again in france... :-o so he was rather upset and won't be going again.

Right, got to go get showered, bath'd and sleep for the rest of the day...

Will post some pics up tommorrow...

Craig.

Just got back from Le Mans this morning.

Saw 3 other Supras whilst there, Simon B's parked up near Indianapolis with an interesting shopping list (beer,bread,milk,eggs,beer!) and spoke to someone at Arnage on Friday. There was another silver one parked in Maison Blanche reg K7*NES but didn't get to see them.

Made good use of my portable blue light,(off road only of course) and after getting away on Sunday from the circuit and the kind Gendarmerie, managed a 165 lepton blast with my mate in tow.

Saw a black Veilside kitted Supra heading south near Gace, on my way home.

It was a real pleasure to take the car. The supe really turns heads, as they're quite rare in amongst a sea of Porsche's, Ferrari's, TVR's etc. There were more Lambo's there than supra's, and a few german supercar drivers were taught to respect the Supra on the way home! And in 42deg heat!!!!!

Apparently there was some sort of motor race on as well!!!!

Got back last night, after officially "the best Le Mans ever"! Mainly due to the bunch of guys I go with, we really did it right this year. We had 2 Tuscans, a Cerbera, my Supra, a Celica and the BMW beer wagon all in viper stripes, and boy did we made an impact travelling through France! Have to say I nicked the "shopping list" idea from DangerousBrain.

One of our crew had a 6 megapixel digital SLR, and took some amazing photos. I'll post some up when he's sorted them out, he's got around 1000! Some definitely material for next year's calendar. I also have about 4 and a half hours of video to edit! Most of it won't make much sense to anyone else though!

I saw a silver Supra down at Indianapolis on the Friday with graphics on the side, and passed a silver standard looking one by the side of the road on the way back - we waved at each other.

How did they catch you?

The police bikes were hiding in a small slip road. We were trying to catch up with the rest of the group and were doing 295 kph. Once we saw the orange Diablo on horizon (the car from our convoy) we slowed down.. at that time we passed hiding police at 193 kph..

Well 295 kmh = 183mph now that is FAAAST! Did you chicken out or was that near the max? I wonder what they would have done you for if they caught you at that.

193kmh = 120 mph must feel soooo sloooowww after such a high speed. But one thing is for sure those long empty french motorways are VERY tempting

:D

Well 295 kmh = 183mph now that is FAAAST! Did you chicken out or was that near the max? I wonder what they would have done you for if they caught you at that.

193kmh = 120 mph must feel soooo sloooowww after such a high speed. But one thing is for sure those long empty french motorways are VERY tempting

:D

Actually, I was surprised I wasn't chiken out LOL It felt good :love: ANd no, its not the max for that car :D

yeh, 120 mph - its normal cruising speed LOL

I think, if I would be in my car - I wouldnt be able to keep up with the rest LOL :woot:

Here's some pics, courtesy of Alex our "official" photographer. He's got plenty more on the way.

Our convoy:

http://www.alexgoss.com/Le%20Mans/Le%20Mans%202005/Life%20On%20The%20Campsite/slides/DSC_4891.jpg

The drive home:

http://www.alexgoss.com/Le%20Mans/Le%20Mans%202005/The%20Drive%20Home/slides/DSC_4985.jpg

http://www.alexgoss.com/Le%20Mans/Le%20Mans%202005/The%20Drive%20Home/slides/DSC_4982.jpg

http://www.alexgoss.com/Le%20Mans/Le%20Mans%202005/The%20Drive%20Home/slides/DSC_4983.jpg

That shopping list is fucking quality mate, hilarious :D

Saw your celica I think, see attached pic...

Anyone else see the cock in the RX8 bin it into the gravel trap while trying to do donuts? Just after the race when everyone was walking back on the track... See other attached pic :D

-Ian

That shopping list is fucking quality mate, hilarious :D

Saw your celica I think, see attached pic...

Thanks, got to give DangerousBrain the credit for thinking of it - I remember him saying it would be a funny thing to do at a Jap show or something!

That was indeed our Celica and beemer being sent to the shops for some more beer and food... :burp:

Hey lol. I looked at one of the first replies to this thread and thought "hey I thought that idea up" (the shopping list idea) Lo and behold a man of great virtues has put it into practice. I bet the more grown up individuals that saw it laughed their proverbial testicals off when they saw it. It is the ultimate urine take out of muppets that chronicle every part out of every magazine they have ever read down their doors :) To be hugely fair those stripes look very fetching as well, did they actually make you go any faster? I don't think the rex driver can deny the number plate unless he now intends to stick a private plate on pronto :)