The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Eurotrip 2011/ Dragonball 2011

supraturbochris

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was over in France yesterday and it seems the Gendarmes are having a purge on pulling over Brit cars at the moment around Calais .. Think they checking lights and making sure your carrying the right kit in their cars .. Just thought I'd warn you all !!

I thaught about this the other day. Would be good not to give the police any excuses as I'm sure they will have fun pulling all of us!

Personly I've never been to France have no idea what I need to carry or do to the car other than headlights. A check list from someone would be good and maybe a scrutineering area in the carpark when people turn up for the tunnel lol.

Mod can carry some spares of stuff when people forget

Am I right in saying you don't need a GB sticker if you have the GB strip on your number plates?

Is there a list on here of who's paid their hotel and trains? I can only see the list on who's paid for the train :search: I just want to see if my mate has paid for his hotel room as I can't get hold of him to ask.

I think you just chuck on those stickers on your lights ..

GB strips on number plates are ok because that's what I've got in my truck and they leave me alone ..

They will nick you for having a blown bulb so it's up to you if you want to gamble ;)

I think you just chuck on those stickers on your lights .

GB strips on number plates are ok because that's what I've got in my truck and they leave me alone ..

They will nick you for having a blown bulb so it's up to you if you want to gamble ;)

I'll have to repair my sidelight wording then lol

If you have hids it's easy to put a stock bulb back in if you get in trouble. I found a whole heap clearing out my garage no idea if they are jspec uk spec or jspec facelift as i think they are all slightly different lol As long as you haven't had to butcher the stock loom and connectors (I didn't)

I said about the first aid kit and fire extinguisher as believe it or not there is a European Good Samaritan Law which means drivers have to stop and provide assistance in the event of an accident ..

I'm not coming on this trip but as I drive over there pretty much every week I thought I'd help you guys out with some of the things you need

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon All,

Right, now that I have sold my Supra I need to get a lift with a few of you fellow members on this Eurotrip. The reason why I say a few of you guys is because I will be doing a fair amount of filming so would ideally like to get everyone in the video. In return I am happy to put some money towards fuel, buy you a drink or 2 or 3, though no sexual favours! :D

In regards to accomodation & to save on a little money I am happy to share a twin room with someone, provided they are not a serial killer and unlike me don't walk around naked (only joking, I'll have my Mankini on).

Please put your names forward, to help you decide I have my pictures up.

If you are a fella...here I am:

http://i3.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/draft_lens2101794module10761631photo_1217719996Aishwarya-Rai-Pic-020.jpg

If you are lady (maybe not the little britain type), here I am:

http://www.showbizgossips.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/johnny-depp-pirates1.jpg

So let's get a list started:

Abz Passenger List:

Hotel Share:

(Un)Lucky Numero 1.

Guest Budz86

Wow! Just spent the past 3 hours reading this thread! Seriously underestimated the size of it! Been having a good old giggle at some parts and accidentally woke the g/f up when I read 'Mr Brainpan!' Classic!

Anyways, I've asked for the time of work and the missus has already had it approved so waiting on my boss now. Hopefully find out tomorrow or Monday. Couple of things that would be handy if someone could check them for me, are there still spaces on the train and does the hotel still have rooms? With any luck I'll be paying as soon as I get it cleared!

What's the plan for the Saturday though? Maybe split some of the driving over the two days?

Steve,

I've not paid for my room yet, as I might be sharing a twin which Ellis has paid for now.

The other problem is my car......lol

Hopefully after this weekend I will 100% fully know what's going on and let u know.

If my cars sorted I'll pay for a double room myself.

Sorry it's taking so long :-(