The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Eurotrip 2011/ Dragonball 2011

supraturbochris

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ps branners you owe me breakfast !!

Well after my extremely poor attempt at getting my own breakfast this morning I think I should have given it to you. I made about 15 trips to the breakfast bar as I kept missing things, put hot milk on my museli, left my big cup of tea on the table and they cleared it away, spent 5 minutes trying to make the toaster work and it wasnt plugged in, picked up an apple flavoured yoghurt and had to put it back. So you could have had it and made a much better job of it.

Even if I say so myself, it was an amazing weekend. All worked out fine in the end, the routes were a little motorway heavy but I changed that for today and I think it worked okay. Lots of thoughts on how to improve things for next year, but thats for another thread.

Great to meet up with everybody again, next time i will be clearer on the fact that people can go past me at the front without fear of being banned for life, I will always overtake anybody that goes past me (if they slow down a bit obvously...120mph to get past is pushing things a little). Cant wait to see ALL the pictures and video footage that came out of this, and the back of the convoy is the place to be so long as you know where you are going.

Thanks to everybody for working with me to make this a great event.

Hey got home at 5:10pm, had a good convoy going after leaving the petrol station. And once everyone had turned off to go their separate ways, Wile e Coyote, DodgyRog and I had a 3 Supra convoy for the next 100 miles till I turned off for Basingstoke :)

Cheers for all those who helped make this event happen, it was such an epic event!! And thanks to all those taking pics and filming the convoys. It's always funny to see somebody hanging out of a car dangerously just to take a pic as you pass ;) Was great meeting everyone and putting names to faces and seeing members cars. We definetly had some real fun speeding around the French roads, even if I did get lost a few times and lead quite a lot of people round a roundabout a dozen times at one point :D I also couldn't help but beep my horn when setting off from everywhere :sly:

I hate being home, I really can't wait till the next Dragonball. I hope everyone made/makes it home safely :)

Great to meet up with everybody again, next time i will be clearer on the fact that people can go past me at the front without fear of being banned for life, I will always overtake anybody that goes past me (if they slow down a bit obvously...120mph to get past is pushing things a little).

I was definitely more worried of getting into trouble for flying past you than getting into trouble with the French Police :D I'd gun it past lots of people then say to my girlfriend once I spotted you "Yikes there's Branners!!" (Time to brake, get back in line and behave) :innocent: :D

it was great. i was a little unsure at the start as i was petrified of the roads and of getting lost.

today was great though. the problem with motorways and other roads that hit large towns are you hit traffic and traffic lights. so get broken up and people get lost.

today was just country roads and the odd little village. and it was brilliant. :)

cant wait to see all the pictures. and it looks like there was a lot of video!

Biblical weekend - loved every minute and gutted to be back in Lincoln.

Massive thank-yous to Branners, Abz, chris and Steve for organising all of it and those with SatNavs who managed to get us where we needed to be.

Brilliant to meet so many of you and cannot wait for D12agonball next year.

Will post more pics tomorrow when I've had a chance to go through them all.

Jeff - hope you got back OK - please let us know how you get on - gutting to see you disappear on the low loader this morning.

Jeff - hope you got back OK - please let us know how you get on - gutting to see you disappear on the low loader this morning.

As I found myself on the earlier train due to watching the chargespeed Supra and not the signs, I was the first on the M20 and found this little number crusing along the inside lane

attachment.php?attachmentid=132244&d=1304877698

SANY2287 (Medium).JPG

Not long got back...driving the Vectra I might add lol :(

What an amazing trip!! Really enjoyed it and just want to say thanks to Branners, Chris, Abz and Steve! Great job organising and can't wait for next year - with my own Supra lol ;)

It was great to put names to faces and catch up again with member's who I hadn't seen in ages!

And a big thanks goes to Tracey for letting me be her co-pilot for the weekend :D

I have a major urge now to go and buy a TT ;) :D

(I blame you Tracey haha :D)

Edited by SilverSoop (see edit history)

I need to say thanks to Abz for sorting the hotel arrangements so I could simply pay for it, and to Johnny G for sorting the Eurotunnel so again I could simply pay for it, and to Steve for organising the shop, taking all the payments and doing all the PMs to everybody. Also want to thank Abz and Wile e coyote + partner for helping me sort out the routes each day and keeping the convoy together as much as possible.

I had planned on sitting back on this one, but wanted to make sure that with so many cars got we got to where we were were going with the minimum amount of fuss.

Thanks everyone for a fantastic weekend! We also got the 6.30 wake up call and Abz yes that was our door that u knocked on!

I was aimlessly brushing my teeth this morning when I heard the last call, thinking WTF went to the window and witnessed genius!

We got back safe and sound and went straight to bed :D

Definatly up for another one, love the fact that the Vxr was at the front of the convoy ;)

Abz!!! YOU LITTLE SH!? :spank:
:D

3am wake up call from H. finally deciding to call it a night, famous last words "I'll only be 10 minutes" then we got the telephone wake up call as well :( Was it the Shearing Coach Trip getting their own back :D

I should have got a photo of Paul with his head of shame knocking on the door!

I also did the famous "I'll only be 10 minutes" and got back 3.5 hours later at 3am! :D

Thanks everyone for a fantastic weekend! We also got the 6.30 wake up call and Abz yes that was our door that u knocked on!
Oops :innocent:

You should have seen Marc trying to get in to his room when I ran off knocking the doors! :D

I need to say thanks to Abz for sorting the hotel arrangements so I could simply pay for it, and to Johnny G for sorting the Eurotunnel so again I could simply pay for it, and to Steve for organising the shop, taking all the payments and doing all the PMs to everybody. Also want to thank Abz and Wile e coyote + partner for helping me sort out the routes each day and keeping the convoy together as much as possible.

I had planned on sitting back on this one, but wanted to make sure that with so many cars got we got to where we were were going with the minimum amount of fuss.

No, thank you Branners, I am not brilliant at doing routes and you sorted them all on the day, so thank you. :)

I still can't believe how 25 cars managed to stay together and get to all the destinations!

I had an amazing weekend, so thank you all for making it possible! Every single day was exceptional and the weather was spot on! You think asian people don't get tanned? You should have seen when I got home and took my top off! I espcially would like to take my hat off to the people who travelled 100 miles +, that is dedication and I hope you all make it back home safely.

I got some pretty stunning footages too, Scott our residential Steven Spielberg is kindly putting in days of work to put something together as a memory for us. So thank you Scott for bringing loads (including buying a new camera just for this trip) of filming kit with you & spending a lot of your own free time to do this, much appriciated.

P.S > Don't film the police you can get arrested for it! Didn't stop me getting some footage on the GoPro though at the end ;)

Edited by Abz (see edit history)

Definatly up for another one, love the fact that the Vxr was at the front of the convoy ;)

we are an equal opportunity club, doesnt matter how small and puny the car it can have a go at the front. Has to be said it certainly wasnt slow and I like to see other cars at these events, but usually somewhere near the back ;)

we are an equal opportunity club, doesnt matter how small and puny the car it can have a go at the front. Has to be said it certainly wasnt slow and I like to see other cars at these events, but usually somewhere near the back ;)

easy!!!! mr branners :) my mr2 did well to keep up with you tt boys lol :)