The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gold Rush - Big Twins

Rob_Mitchell

Doing the turbos gold would just be too much imo. I think you've got it perfect by doing the turbos polished and the heat shields gold going to look crazyyyy

Yeah i think exactly the same as you mate! turbo housings would look naff.

Nice photos.. more "Rob Mitchell Specials", I see :D

;) only the best for the best club in the world

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm liking this a lot Rob. I really can't believe I'm saying this (cos I hate gold) but the combo of gold and mirror polished on that turbo looks pretty much perfect.

Mate believe it or not but im not a huge lover of gold either! but it just works against the orange paintwork and just seems to work for some reason in my bay.

Thanks Guys! im mega chuffed with how its all looking, hard work paying off :rolleyes: cant believe im doing all this so soon ha ha lol.

Got a power industries 3800 hi-stall now! massive thanks to Drift Bear for having a little deal with me, great club spirit and i owe you some beers buddy.

Going to run the twins on stock box for a few months at good power, then im going with the stage 3 or 4 SRD built autobox. Big thanks to Lee today too! been annoying him all day asking about his autobox's, top bloke so thanks Mr.SRD :)

On the look out for a pair of Brand new Blitz SUS air filters, so if anyone can help out let me or lee know, but he is on the look out for me too. Depending on what power the stage 3 built box can handle ill prob go for that and get SRD to build me it now. Then it just leaves fueling and head work! so 700-800 is good to go. R.I.P Rob mitchell :D

On the look out for a pair of Brand new Blitz SUS air filters, so if anyone can help out let me or lee know, but he is on the look out for me too. Depending on what power the stage 3 built box can handle ill prob go for that and get SRD to build me it now. Then it just leaves fueling and head work! so 700-800 is good to go. R.I.P Rob mitchell :D

lol what flowers would you like?:D

Thanks Guys! im mega chuffed with how its all looking, hard work paying off :rolleyes: cant believe im doing all this so soon ha ha lol.

Got a power industries 3800 hi-stall now! massive thanks to Drift Bear for having a little deal with me, great club spirit and i owe you some beers buddy.

Going to run the twins on stock box for a few months at good power, then im going with the stage 3 or 4 SRD built autobox. Big thanks to Lee today too! been annoying him all day asking about his autobox's, top bloke so thanks Mr.SRD :)

Anytime mate! Glad to be able to help with anything for this build, That tubby is looking sweet!! Can't wait to see it in the flesh!!

Finished the oil and waters line fixings today, well they are all painted in HT black paint to match the rest of the fixings under the bonnet.

Im just waiting on clips at arrive then i can start cracking on with getting them bling'd up. Then i can start to arrange dropping it into SRD, maybe couple of weeks if all goes to plan.

attachment.php?attachmentid=161153&stc=1&d=1353937365

attachment.php?attachmentid=161154&stc=1&d=1353937365

attachment.php?attachmentid=161155&stc=1&d=1353937365

2012-11-26 13.37.00.jpg

2012-11-26 13.37.20.jpg

2012-11-26 13.37.37.jpg

Looking good weeman, :thumbs:

Would love to see you go 6 speed, it really would finish the car off. :)

I just dont like the way they drive mate and think they are noisy as hell BUT this is my opinion, i know what can be achieved on 6 speed with the right clutch and its a awesome strong box.

I think The SRD built boxes are going to be incredible, plus for £2300.00 for a stage 3 box its a bit of a no brainer for me.