The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gold Rush - Big Twins

Rob_Mitchell

I am sure they will fit mate :)

Sorry I didnt notice the other pics, what did you go for then 380's / 400's??

I see you have floating front Discs, this is something I wanted on my set but they didnt do an option on the 356mm discs - wonder if they do now??

Yellowstuffs will be good on the road, I have yellows on my setup and they are good, even pretty good on track but I am thinking of moving to a more Race focused pad.

Thankyou for the input Richard i was waiting for someone like yourself to pop along, can you send me pics of your disc rotation? the right way looks wrong to me :D. I went for the 380mm fronts and 356mm rears. To be honest i just left everything to ksport to recommend me on with regards to pads ect.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankyou for the input Richard i was waiting for someone like yourself to pop along, can you send me pics of your disc rotation? the right way looks wrong to me :D. I went for the 380mm fronts and 356mm rears. To be honest i just left everything to ksport to recommend me on with regards to pads ect.

They should be in this direction..(this is the left hand side of the car)

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/35623_486622688801_7904860_n.jpg

I initially thought it was the wrong way around but its correct.

380's up front are going to be Huuuge!! My 356mm look massive :D

Little tip with the rears, you will need a lever bar to move the rear plate out a bit while getting the bracket in place, takes a little wiggling but you will get it.

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

Thanks Richard, just wanted to confirm but yeah they look wrong imo but obviously right lol. you got much room left with the 356? i think the calipers on the 380mm are slightly slimmer then 356 to compensate for the larger disk.

Not too much room if I am to be honest, maybe a fingers width between the caliper and the inside of the wheel.

arh mate that is annoying.

just looked at some do-luck wheels and boody hell them brakes must be massive to fill the wheels that much :thumbs:

tell me about it im mega peed off and fuming at the same time. oh well. I might try my dads wolfrace wheels on just so i can use the car sunday

tell me about it im mega peed off and fuming at the same time. oh well. I might try my dads wolfrace wheels on just so i can use the car sunday

mate do you wont to try my 19" wheels thear black so wont look to bad. just ring me its no problem.

The wheel goes on but the caliper hits the tyre valve on rotation. I need to try and get flush fit tyre valves fitted before sunday (japshow) which is impossible

Oh no!, Surely there is a tyre place local that can supply and fit flush valves.

I know some Protyre places offer a Flush valve option, well they do down this way.

It's Thursday you still got 3 days to sort it you drama queen! :D

Them brakes look HUGE!! I can not wait to see the car in the flesh, just been catching up on this thread and OMG, you really have gone OCD with this build but it is things like this which turn me on! Like Hodges build, Ibrar's and the like, this is up there with the best.

Oh no!, Surely there is a tyre place local that can supply and fit flush valves.

I know some Protyre places offer a Flush valve option, well they do down this way.

I have phoned everywhere dude. They are willing to fit them for a drink but no place stocks them, not even halfrauds. Clay is dropping his 19" rims off tomorrow so i can get the car mobile again and make the show sunday. MASSIVE THANKS CLAY!! great mate and great club spirit

I only fitted the fronts today but they look the absolute dogs nuts and with the dolucks they look mega tasty... just the valves have been a issue but im sure the rears wont need the valves changed, due to the slighty smaller caliper and disc.