The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gold Rush - Big Twins

Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking great Rob. Did John have a problem with cooling putting them there though ?

Im confident ill be ok, i always read up and listen to what people say but i have read nothing bad about the SRD electric fans and if jamie has not had a problem yet with cooling, then i cant see that i will to be honest

Im confident ill be ok, i always read up and listen to what people say but i have read nothing bad about the SRD electric fans and if jamie has not had a problem yet with cooling, then i cant see that i will to be honest

Think he ment having the coolers in front of the rad. I'm sure Jamie's cooler is in his passanger air duct under the headlight.

I might be blowing out of my arae here mate, I really don't know if moving mine will help the problem but I'm going to try it before I spend some more cash on a new set of SRD fans.

Think he ment having the coolers in front of the rad. I'm sure Jamie's cooler is in his passanger air duct under the headlight.

I might be blowing out of my arae here mate, I really don't know if moving mine will help the problem but I'm going to try it before I spend some more cash on a new set of SRD fans.

Yeah i know what he meant, the pics make out there is little room for air flow but in person there is soooo much room in the front there, i cant see there being a problem but only when its running will i know. Like you said though John just try and move yours to see, it might be that but i have a funny feeling its your fans and shroud

Yeah i know what he meant, the pics make out there is little room for air flow but in person there is soooo much room in the front there, i cant see there being a problem but only when its running will i know. Like you said though John just try and move yours to see, it might be that but i have a funny feeling its your fans and shroud

Cool, it was only what I noticed on Johns build and did not realise that it's not 100% that it will solve the problem....

You might of guessed I'm keeping a close eye on these builds on what to do and what not to do ready for mine lol

Finally got around to ordering my Samco superflex water hose in shiney black, and as my luck goes they have run out of shiney black lmao, so i have a 4-6 week waiting time.

Ordered 4 clamps for the water heater hose too.

The list of jobs is slowly getting shorter my end. Need to sort the battery relocation out in the boot and also the front washer system relocation next, should be fun!!

Well had a delivery on some more 24ct gold solution today and im starting to realise this is not a cheap hobby lol but all good fun. Anyway had some spare time tonight which has been rare the way things are at the moment but i Plated a few things and it keeps my mind off things.

Gold plated the turbo oil fixing for the top of the turbo and dont call me mad but i have started to gold plate some cable ties. The black plastic ties look a bit out of place and some look a bit weird when i look at the engine, so ill slowly replace these but they do take about 15 mins each so not easy to get a batch done.

attachment.php?attachmentid=141340&stc=1&d=1320698975

attachment.php?attachmentid=141341&stc=1&d=1320698975

attachment.php?attachmentid=141338&stc=1&d=1320698975

attachment.php?attachmentid=141339&stc=1&d=1320698975

DSC00462.jpg

DSC00463.jpg

DSC00464.jpg

DSC00465.jpg

gold plating cable ties! what ever next :D still im sure they will look great.

I bet you will be crying cutting the excess tie of the end once you have fitted them think off all the gold you will be wasting :p

Just a bit of fun if im honest and should add something else to look at. Waiting for another delivery of chrome parts which will need plating but i wanted to try out the solution on something tonight

Had a bit of a tidy up today and routed a few little things. Im also trying out a new metal polish for a company and its good gear makes every bling nice.

Still waiting for my chrome assortment to arrive, so till then i cant really do much. I have a few things ordered so just waiting :(

Had a call from AET turbo's and they are sending me some bits for the turbo to bling up :cool:

I need my bonnet on but cant as im waiting for chrome bolts for that to arrive :rolleyes:

attachment.php?attachmentid=141396&stc=1&d=1320849245

attachment.php?attachmentid=141397&stc=1&d=1320849245

attachment.php?attachmentid=141398&stc=1&d=1320849245

attachment.php?attachmentid=141399&stc=1&d=1320849245

attachment.php?attachmentid=141400&stc=1&d=1320849245

DSC00458.jpg

DSC00460.jpg

DSC00461.jpg

DSC00462.jpg

DSC00464.jpg

Looking good Rob. :thumbs:

you decide to go with the diamond cut engine caps as opposed to mirror finish!?:faint:

I have a gold set ordered mate which i have engraved

What will you do when the gold plating start to fade...? It will be heart breaking...! Better not drive it just garage it...! ;-)

just keep plating them! simples. it will take years to fade anyway

Little batch of chrome bits arrived so been busy stripping chrome, activating nickle and gold plating. Got the stock bonnet finally on with some nice chrome bolts. All power steering is finished and i have replaced all the big union bolts to chrome ones and gold plated the big bolt under the PS resevoir.

Gold plated the the water pump bolts too, as some of you have mentioned it before in previous replys.

Getting there now.

attachment.php?attachmentid=141534&stc=1&d=1321090095

attachment.php?attachmentid=141535&stc=1&d=1321090095

attachment.php?attachmentid=141536&stc=1&d=1321090095

attachment.php?attachmentid=141537&stc=1&d=1321090095

attachment.php?attachmentid=141538&stc=1&d=1321090095

DSC00466.jpg

DSC00467.jpg

DSC00468.jpg

DSC00469.jpg

DSC00471.jpg