The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gold Rush - Big Twins

Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway moving completely on from the bonnet hell i have had, i need to crack on with the build and get it ready for SRD.

Ordered twin screamer pipes from Whiffbits and i was concerned the flanges were not going to fit my big wastegates but they fit like a glove. Really nicely made, cant wait to hear them scream :eyebrows:

Just waiting on ANOTHER big bag of chrome nuts, bolts and clips and then the build is full steam ahead again.

attachment.php?attachmentid=141154&stc=1&d=1320246470

attachment.php?attachmentid=141155&stc=1&d=1320246470

DSC00467.jpg

DSC00468.jpg

I'm sure you've thought of this all ready, but as you can't get the bonnet you want to fit, could you get a stock bonnet to look sort of the same (well maybe just the hole at the front)?

Looking great so far :)

lol did you not read the part about NOT MENTIONING THE BONNET!!!!!!! :D

The bonnet makes me sad :(

Anyway got the gearbox coolers finally mounted nicely now, had to fabricate a mounting bracket for the twin coolers. Just putting it back now and ill get the radiator and everything back on the car. Then i can route the cooler pipe work neatly.

All coolers and front end is finished as far as my efforts go, twin rad fans are being wired up by Lee and i guess Ryan will have a play too so that the syvecs runs them ( not sure what he does though)

attachment.php?attachmentid=141210&stc=1&d=1320322161

attachment.php?attachmentid=141211&stc=1&d=1320322161

DSC00458.jpg

DSC00459.jpg

Everything is all back together, gave me a chance to clean everything again before i put it all back. cable tied off the gearbox pipes gently to hold them in place and routed them very neatly and out the way. Decided im going to change the brake res and PS res caps to the gold now, i layed marco's gold set on mine and they looked sweet, ill have them engraved too.

attachment.php?attachmentid=141212&stc=1&d=1320327086

attachment.php?attachmentid=141213&d=1320327086

attachment.php?attachmentid=141214&stc=1&d=1320327086

attachment.php?attachmentid=141215&stc=1&d=1320327086

attachment.php?attachmentid=141216&stc=1&d=1320327086

DSC00458.jpg

DSC00459.jpg

DSC00460.jpg

DSC00461.jpg

DSC00463.jpg

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)