The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gold Rush - Big Twins

Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back end was put back on its wheels today after a few little jobs needed doing.

Front end is up in the air now and i got all the power steering lines finished and everything connected to the cooler. Got alot of tidying up to do under the car and more bits need chroming as they are bugging the hell out of me.

Got basically the front of the engine stripped again and i have atleast 15 nuts and few bolts which are off to the chromers. Radiator hose clamps are being changed for chromed stock clamps as i hate the jubilee clip look.

I know im being a fussy git but its not till i got under the car today, that i realised just how messy it looks. No drama's but just a slight delay

Back end was put back on its wheels today after a few little jobs needed doing.

Front end is up in the air now and i got all the power steering lines finished and everything connected to the cooler. Got alot of tidying up to do under the car and more bits need chroming as they are bugging the hell out of me.

Got basically the front of the engine stripped again and i have atleast 15 nuts and few bolts which are off to the chromers. Radiator hose clamps are being changed for chromed stock clamps as i hate the jubilee clip look.

I know im being a fussy git but its not till i got under the car today, that i realised just how messy it looks. No drama's but just a slight delay

I dont think your being fussy at all. You want it all your way, there's nothing wrong with that it's your car mate. Your doing a mighty fine job so far.

I dont think your being fussy at all. You want it all your way, there's nothing wrong with that it's your car mate. Your doing a mighty fine job so far.

True, i just want to get the ball rolling but i also dont want to cut corners on the look im going, for as it will stick out like a sore thumb, which i noticed today when i was looking at parts.

Need to get this gearbox cooler mounted tomorrow and i WILL do it... plus i need to fabricate a bracket for my overflow tank, so i hide it under the fmic cover. Them 2 jobs will take up all my spare time tomorrow but its a Tick off the list.

lmao Thats too neat for my liking mate, im not as obssessed as you in the hidden look.

I'll give you a month or so and you'll be gutted you didn't do it. It will eat away at you inside until there's nothing left and you go totally insane and think the bay looks a mess because of it. Then you'll want to hide the brake lines and brake booster pipe. It's only a matter of time.

I'll give you a month or so and you'll be gutted you didn't do it. It will eat away at you inside until there's nothing left and you go totally insane and think the bay looks a mess because of it. Then you'll want to hide the brake lines and brake booster pipe. It's only a matter of time.

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, its killing me :D

The engine loom relocation aint on the cards, im happy with how mine looks.

I thought i would post some pics of what i have been looking up at recently. I have cleaned alot of muck off the power steering rack and the underneath the subframe but some areas need a ick of paint (which i have also ordered)

Still alot more grime but ill get it off in stages as the fumes from the cleaner are making me buzz.

I think once the srd undertray is on it will prevent anymore crap getting into the engine bay. Lmao still cant believe i polished the bottom of the engine and chromed the sump :D but it does look great from under the car- i envy anyone i run over.

attachment.php?attachmentid=140566&stc=1&d=1318933917

attachment.php?attachmentid=140565&stc=1&d=1318933917

attachment.php?attachmentid=140564&stc=1&d=1318933917

attachment.php?attachmentid=140562&stc=1&d=1318933917

attachment.php?attachmentid=140563&stc=1&d=1318933917

just had a pm and the do-luck bonnet if finished, happy days, should get it back next week.

Been so busy on the car today, degreased all the underneath of the car and yes with a toothbrush i removed lots of crap stuck in the nooks and crannies. Gave the subframe, lower arms and pretty much everything else a coat of gloss black..... looks mental and so clean.

Treated/sealed the welds and plates under the arches from when i welded up the holes to give a smooth bay.

Got more painting to do under the car but its looking really nice now and how i want it to look. Now everything is clean and painted i cant see much dirt and grime getting into the bay with the srd undertray fitted too... obviously i need to keep ontop of it

Triple chromed top mount rings arrived today, they look really bling. The underneath of the car is now finished and wheels are back on but im sure they will be off at lee's again.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=140726&stc=1&d=1319274600

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=140727&stc=1&d=1319274600

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=140728&stc=1&d=1319274600

They look much better now.

Loving the third pic. Unveiling the shiny :D