The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gold Rush - Big Twins

Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the car fully mopped up today. Noticed the bonnet had done some natural sinking, so we flatted it down and compound polished it up... perfect now and shouldnt sink again.

Just finished the FMIC panel and radiator plinth, i 24ct gold plated them again but this time i got rid of the writting and done them all gold. They look hot! and will freshen the build up for 2013.

Just a final wax up tomorrow morning before its video shoot and then its off to SRD about 4.30. I was going to drop off Friday but my lift back (dad) is busy.

Good news! Looking forward to seeing the new bay!

Me too! i have fighted my temptation to fit all the new Gold parts and new custom pulley set, but im going to let Lee change them over as it will give me a nice suprise. idler pulley should be done for next week too, so ill get that sent direct to SRD

- - - Updated - - -

Really look forward to seeing this come together, going to be a stunner when finished (will it ever be finished... I doubt it)

Bodywork next and repaint

5 years! :shock: I thought it had only just been done, still looks mint tho. Same colour?

Lol. Yeah will be same colour, been looking into wide arches but keep talking myself out of it. I'll just get this engine work done before I go ahead with next actions needed.

I like changing things as it keeps me away from the gtr lol

Which arches you thinking Nur? Or are thinking custom arches? If you could do some steel arches like the red one on supraforums it would be even more amazing.

Not sure yet. Doluck front arches and skirts are a must. I'm digging ridox rear arches but smoothed in would look ace.

Not making no further decisions on bodywork just yet, just need the twins done and actually enjoy the car this year and attend the shows which I love doing

Lol. Yeah will be same colour, been looking into wide arches but keep talking myself out of it. I'll just get this engine work done before I go ahead with next actions needed.

I like changing things as it keeps me away from the gtr lol

Good, it looks spot on in that colour! With more power your gunno need wider wheels, your gunno need to go wide soon :D Just keep going and never let me hear you say gtr again! lol

Good, it looks spot on in that colour! With more power your gunno need wider wheels, your gunno need to go wide soon :D Just keep going and never let me hear you say gtr again! lol

I do like the colour too plus all the inside is re-trimmed with orange piping so can't really change lol.

Lee at srd was running 997bhp on the rims I run mate, can't see there being problems. Never changing the rims ever, by far the best purchase I have made on the car and the most expensive

I do like the colour too plus all the inside is re-trimmed with orange piping so can't really change lol.

Lee at srd was running 997bhp on the rims I run mate, can't see there being problems. Never changing the rims ever, by far the best purchase I have made on the car and the most expensive

Ah yeah good point!

I was just pulling your leg mate to keep you occupied from turning to the gtr ;) They are some of the best looking rims ive seen on a supra.

Car now with lee and ash to work there magic. I'm shattered now, forgot how bad traffic is around that way.

Going to have it mapped now, so it's all finished for when I pick it up. Can't wait. Lee said the noise the twins make on spool-up is something very special. Really I need cams but I'm going to hold fire and prob do them end of the year when I have some funds to play with.

Jays car!!! Stunning!!! By far the best supra I have ever seen