The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gold Rush - Big Twins

Rob_Mitchell

Change? lol:D Car is going to be mental with the twins. Do you have aftermarket cams already and uprated springs and retainers? Would be good to whack the rev limit up and make full use of the twins and that built bottom end you have.

Head work is stock Chris, just refreshed with new valve stem seals... nothing special. Im going built head end of the year with the built autobox. cant afford to do it this side of the show season.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Head work is stock Chris, just refreshed with new valve stem seals... nothing special. Im going built head end of the year with the built autobox. cant afford to do it this side of the show season.

Thats fair enough mate it all costs lots of £££. One bit at a time.

Guest Budz86

Looking stunning as always Rob. One question and one statement for you though. Firstly, do you ever do any work on other peoples cars!? You seem to spend so much time on yours I was wondering how you fit it all in!

The statement; DO DRAGONBALL! If you do, Il buy you an ice cream sundae from Ed's at the next BW meet :D

Looking fab Rob. Have to admit your car is one of the very few that looks good with pre face lift head lights

Not a fan of facelift lights anyway... i love a mint pair of pre-facelifts

Looking stunning as always Rob. One question and one statement for you though. Firstly, do you ever do any work on other peoples cars!? You seem to spend so much time on yours I was wondering how you fit it all in!

The statement; DO DRAGONBALL! If you do, Il buy you an ice cream sundae from Ed's at the next BW meet :D

Work through tea and lunch breaks mate plus stay lates most evenings. simples.

Finally got the last couple of bits polished up and EVERYTHING is now wrapped and boxed for its trip to see Lee. I hope i have done him proud on the work i have done to his ex big twin kit, as i know he loves them still :). Very much looking forward to having the car on twins, i have been thinking maybe i have done a wrong decision but im sure it will work out fine.

Cant believe how far the car has come in 5 years, i guess thats why i love it to bits............... feeling the supra love today!!

Gave the car a full valet today while on my break!! got this beast was dirty!! i hope the twins are get filthy :eyebrows:

attachment.php?attachmentid=162705&stc=1&d=1357909865

attachment.php?attachmentid=162706&stc=1&d=1357909865

attachment.php?attachmentid=162704&stc=1&d=1357909865

2013-01-11 13.01.35.jpg

2013-01-11 13.01.51.jpg

2013-01-11 13.02.29.jpg

Any idea when the work will be completed? Sorry if I missed that info.

Lee seems to think he can tackle engine/box out, fit twin kit, engine/box back in and do couple of niggley jobs in a week.... but he is so busy, he can just tackle mine when he wants, im in no rush.

- - - Updated - - -

That's awesome! They will look epic side by side

:cool: You know!! i might gold plate the ends when i get it back

How did you modify the water pump to take a` high pressure fitting did you chop the steel pipe off and thread inside that or drill the hole thing out and thread the casting? Or does it just unscrew? :think:

You cut the sleeve off then drill the rest out 10.2mm then tap it out m12x1.25mm

Thought I answered that when you p.m'd me.